New Muffler Burns Valves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question...
If I install a flowmaster super 44 muffler and weld it in, do I need to worry about burning valves due to reducing back pressure, because I plan on removing the 2.5"-->2.25" factory restriction in the exhaust. Or is this exhaust causing burnt valves as valid as synthetic oil causing leaks? Is there any way the 2.5" flowmaster can hurt the longevity of my engine?

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No harm will come of it. Even on my old sport bike which could get the exhaust very hot during races, the free flowing exhaust never caused an issue and had no back pressure.
to give you an idea of how little tubing you need I, along with many gearheads, ran long tube headers to 2.5" pipe, to a flowmaster with a 90* angle pointed down right out of the muffler. From the engine to the exhaust tip was probably 5-6' on my tank of a car and less on a smaller car.

Just change the muffler bearings when you change the blinker fluid and you'll be fine :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap I forgot to buy the blinker fluid again, I think I am going to switch to synthetic blinker fluid, but I did order new muffler bearings on rock auto, they should be here tomorrow. Haha kidding!
Thanks for the reply, I am going to weld it in tomorrow!