New Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfbane

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals:)
My name is dave and i am an American living in the maritimes of canada :)
I just bought a 2002 jeep liberty limited last night :)
Black on black :)

it has 183 800km, automatic, 3.7liter 6cylinder engine, 4x4 with low and high range, black outside with dark grey interior, factory tint
windows
in the back, tinted sunroof, rear defrost, power window, power seat, power door and tow package.

it also has:

factory rubber matts( front and back) with husky liner cargo rubber matt
after market deck with ipod plug in and CD player(Alpine)
front light bar with 2- 6inch black off road lights
rola roof rack with piaa brackets and 4- 6inch black off road lights
2.5inch skyjacker lift kit
4- 235/70/r16 winter tires(Tempra winterquest) on factory rims (with facotry tire as a spare) 2winters on them
5-245/75/r16 bf goodrich all terrain tires (one summer on them) on black procomp rims (bike rack installed on spare tire does not come with the jeep)
new rear upper control arm
slotted front disk brakes with EBC green stuff brake pads
custom catback exhaust with flowmaster super 44 with new "y" (catalytic converter part of the exhaust) with vibrant exhaust tip
jet ECU chip
k&n factory replacement intake filter
custom ram air intake for the summer
new radiator, water pump, thermostat and prestone
engine,transmission, front and rear differential and transfer case all have Royal Purple oil
oil change done every 5000km
E3 sparkplugs
poweraid throttle body spacer
always fueled with 93octane
will come with spare bulbs for the off road lights and for the high/low and fogs
now i am praying that the 0330 code will go away once i pull the negative wire on my battery for about a half an hour:)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome a tip if I may d/c the tb spacer and put in the correct plugs d/c those E3s and better off with the stock air box. But sounds like a sweet Kj GOT PICTUREs

wolfbane

Reaction score
Welcome a tip if I may d/c the tb spacer and put in the correct plugs d/c those E3s and better off with the stock air box. But sounds like a sweet Kj GOT PICTUREs
ok if i go to the stock air box and remove the throttle spacer and go to stock plugs instead of the e3,s that are there will it mess up the jeep leaving the jet chip in :)
i will have pics tomorrow:)
weather permitting :)
i do have 1 pic let me see if i can load her up :)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops forgot get HOAT coolant in it only bad news not to run HOAT. Oh one more thing the ecu chip has probably been relearned just an fyi. But realy please search what I have posted for you and your KJ will love you for as well as run better with less problems.

wolfbane

Reaction score
ok this is what i had till a bull moose decided to play tag with it and me a couple of weeks ago lol , I hit the moose because i couldn't see in the national forest @ night coming home from work ...
You must be registered for see images attach

Now here is what i bought with the insurance moneys last night :)

Now if i hit another moose i am at least hoping i see him way before i meet him lol

wolfbane

Reaction score
ok whats a hoat ?
lol new to these things
... Also it is great meeting you guys and thankyou for the great welcome :)
So change plugs to what ?
remove TBS
and the jet chip will relearn on its own ?
and thankyou the wife says the top light bar is ugly and i should remove it but keep the lights and small lightbar on the bumper:)
what ya think?
i tried the lights last night lol pointed at the nebors house lmbo they thought aliens was coming to get them !!! man you talking about lighting up the night !!!!!!

wolfbane

Reaction score
Now this is the air filter i was given for this summer :)
what ya think about this one custom made to :)

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the affects of the chip has been relearned buy your Jeep and has no affect on it. It's like its back to stock and doesn't see the chip any more. As for plugs the stock type will hold up to your coils much better then the E3s do a search on spark plugs on this forum to learn. Might want to do a search on HOAT coolant and the affects of not using it too.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks pretty but will suck a lot of hot air cooler to run the stock box.

wolfbane

Reaction score
a pleasure to meet you martin_metal_88 :)
as for the antifrezze the guy i bought the jeep from said he just installed a new rad and water pump etc etc but didn't say what antifrezze he used!!!
that being said i am going to do like you members tell me , regular plugs , hoat , remove the throttle body spacer

wolfbane

Reaction score
i am in search mode trying to read and learn all i can !!! but this coming weekend i am defintly gonna do the changes you say i definatly need to do :)
will get the plugs tbs out and do a flush on the coolant system and replaced with hoat :)

This is my very first jeep ! got alot to learn :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Throw that in the nearest trash container
nothing but a hot air sucker

Top lights are way too tall, first branch will knock them off

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
a pleasure to meet you martin_metal_88 :)
as for the antifrezze the guy i bought the jeep from said he just installed a new rad and water pump etc etc but didn't say what antifrezze he used!!!
that being said i am going to do like you members tell me , regular plugs , hoat , remove the throttle body spacer

regular cooper core plugs, nothing fancy at all No Plats etc just copper core Champion or even Autolite

The Skyjacker may last for a while, first ones they made over 10 years ago were great, then they changed the spring rate to same as stock, so yes they will sag

Last edited:

wolfbane

Reaction score
Tommudd good to meet you bud:)
well i don't see any branchs in my future this is just a work truck :)
i have a modded 2004 arctic cat 650 atv for the fun stuff:)
but the snow here is killer deep ! lol i drive threw a forest twice a day for an hour and between no lights at all and the black bear deer and moose it is crazy dangerous :)
hence i wanted plenty of light :)
and boy do they light up the night lol
but i am thinking about pulling the 4 top lights and just run with the two on the bumper :)
still bright lol , just not as bright as the 4 top ones :)
and the roof rack doubt i will ever use that :)
but i have to say my first impressions of this jeep are really good easy to drive the 4x4 works fantastic especially the 4 low :)
as for the lift hasn,t saged yet and i was told it has been on there for over 5 years so again as a work truck i think they will last:)

Again it is a great forum and you guys rock especially with a newb lke me :)
i am sure us newbs drive some of you oldtimers nuts on here with all of our no searched questions :)
So on to reading more how to,s :)

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one here can stand bad treatement of a jeep, it's way easier for us to tell few thing instead of seeing a badly injured jeep. They are peculiar ( never say car or vehicule, they are jeep ) and need the right treatement if you want them to last long. Just use the right part, that is usually cheaper ( like the plug ) than performance one and will run better with better performance.
Keep loving your jeep!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front and let us know what that is
Want light off road and back roads with no traffic, try some LEDs