New Libby owner. maintenance advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omega48er

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just picked up my 03 Jeep Libby on Saturday and it has 97k miles. from looking around i think i want to do an oil change and change the Tcase F R DIffs oil and replace the spark plugs. also, i took the Autocraft battery it had and installed a Diehard Platinum P4

Is that a good place to start? im going to wait a few days for the weather to clear up and do everything myself. i been reading around and cant justify paying all that good money for someone else to do a "quick Job" this way i will be able to inspect the Diffs.

The job does not look that hard considering i never did think kind of work before.

the products that i will be getting
1) Diehard Platinum p4- Purchased
2)Autolite Copper Core Resistor Spark Plug
3)Permatex Anti-Seize Lubricant
4)Mobil1 10W30 Fully Synthetic High Mileage Motor Oil (5 Plus Quarts Jug)
5)Mobil1 Extended Performance Oil Filter (2)
6)Valvoline High-Performance 85W-140 Gear Oil (4 Quarts)
7)Castrol Transmax +4 (ATF) Automatic Transmission Fluid (2 Quart)
8) Permatex Gear Oil RTV Sealant (3oz)

A few questions. my car has 97k miles, is it okay to ti use the Mobile 1 Synthetic High mile motor oi?

Is it Okay to use the 85w-140 oil. i do not tow anything and i am not planing on, just want to add a 2-3" lift thats it. also, should i go with synthetic?

is there anything i should add to my list?

Thanks guys. already loving my Jeep. this thing just climbs on the mountain of snow where the neighbors Highlander and nissan murano was skidding.

You must be registered for see images

my garage queen clk550

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice jeep! You have a good plan to start but I would recommend a few things. Instead of auto lite plugs go with champion or ngk copper. Also our jeeps take 5w30 and if you plan on switching to synthetic I think there is a process to do that. I am not sure on that. For the diffs Dino is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

omega48er

Reaction score
thanks, cant wait to start modding =]
so i will switch out to champion copper
should i be doing the coil packs as well? (i am on a tight budget)
Ok so instead of the 10w30 go with 5w30 syn, correct?
also, dino is just another word for conventional (earth made oil) correct?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I meant when I said dino. Someone else will have to talk about synth because I don't know enough about it. Switching out the coil packs isn't necessary for now unless you are having issues.

omega48er

Reaction score
since i have your attention, how do you like the ironman/bilstein combo? how come you just did not go with ironman shocks and springs?

the lift i was leaning towards is the OME/Bilstein combo. i dont do off roading but, NY has been getting hit with snow storms left and right. plus i just like my trucks lifted. i wanted soemwhere between 2-3"

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah well when I bought my lift iron man didn't offer extended rear shocks. Now they do and I'm kinda jealous haha. I love my suspension! It's amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

omega48er

Reaction score
just realized i posted in the KK section. can the MODS please move it to the KJ section.
Thanks

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use autolite plugs in mine. My engine runs smoother with them vs the ngk plugs. And you don't need to do anything special when switching from dino oil to synthetic. Make sure you change the filter and let the old oil drain out as well as you can.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse