New Jeep Liberty Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEKJared

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 and have been browsing these forums for ideas on ways I can improve it or modify it. So far the site has already been very helpful and informative. I built a cargo shelf already that someone posted a guide for, it was exactly the kind of thing I wanted!

From what I have read so far and witnessed from viewing youtube videos, it looks like the Liberty is fairly capable offroad as it is. My primary "offroad" usage will consist of fishing, hunting, and winter weather conditions. The Jeep came with Falken High Country 245/70/R16s ATs. I'm kind of thinking that this will probably be more then enough to cover my needs and the only real functional modification I would make would be installing tow hooks. Am I on the right track, or is there anything else I should seriously look at for improving the offroad capability without breaking the bank?

Thanks for any insight you guys might be able to provide and thanks for the great site!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure all required maintance was completed as in your owners manual for schedule b. tow hooks for front and a rear hitch will be handy if you get adventerous and need to be plucked out

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome SEKJ.

Yeah, hooks for sure. Even though you are planning only "light" off-roading you might consider skids.

Dave

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jared.

Sounds like your KJ will see the same type of duty that mine does. I'll have to say that mine has fit the task perfectly.

As mentioned, tow hooks and skids should be on your list.

Also, check to see that any recall items have been taken care of.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot about skids, engine trans and transfer case mopar skids can be had for sub 200 bucks. good luck with the nutzerts.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would add to save. Over time your spings will bag out on you and you will want to put new springs and shocks on usually about the same time you'll want to put new tires on. Welcome and prepare to get the Jeep bug.