New Jeep - Help with Mods (Bull Bar/Hitch)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 05-07s you can't use the " receiver" that is used on the 02-04s, one of the reasons we were doing test fittings to see what wopuld need to be done. A plate is provided for the later models. If you wanted to cut a hole in the center of the bumper then of course you could use the hitch portion.
I pulled the aftermarket bumper off of my buddys 06 for the tests. FOR CLARIFICATION, Fog lights were mounted on his bumper so we just stuck them in behind the grill instead of unhooking them
Just loosely mounted had to make a couple of minor mods for mounting it on 05-07 which are now included in the models now
You must be registered for see images attach

What it looks like mounted with no bumper cover on my 2004

willabbott

Reaction score
Bunmer! It figures Id end up with the trouble year. Seems there isn't a great solution for the 2005 version. Ugh.

I just can't see spending 1200-1500 on a bumper and what not. Drat.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bunmer! It figures Id end up with the trouble year. Seems there isn't a great solution for the 2005 version. Ugh.

I just can't see spending 1200-1500 on a bumper and what not. Drat.

Use the 02-04 bracket / receiver, cut a hole in the bumper for it to stick through. If you want to sell it, just install the license plate bracket back over the hole and all is good !:icon_lol:

willabbott

Reaction score
Use the 02-04 bracket / receiver, cut a hole in the bumper for it to stick through. If you want to sell it, just install the license plate bracket back over the hole and all is good !:icon_lol:

Hmm... didn't want to cut the bumper... but if it's something that can be hidden, might be worth it... will certainly have to research this some more, and see if I can find some photos of it done, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online