New hitch+wiring!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my draw tite hitch in today, its the 7500/750.

You must be registered for see images attach

It had some damage on it but ill live with it.

Heres all the stuff i got.

The back panel is very easy to take off. After popping the bottom strip off, the side panel just pops off and the wiring is tied up on the side.

The wiring is ran through a grommet in the floor that takes it out to the hitch. This is not the wiring that hooks up to ur tail lights, it actually hooks up where the factory wiring harness does. You have to ground it and run a 12v wire all the way to the battery that it comes with, it has a 20A fuse also.

I ran the 12v wire out the grommet with the hitch wiring and under the jeep following the brake lines, be sure not to get it close to moving parts or the exhaust, I also put wire loom around it, u can see some of it in this pic. I put 5 feet of it from the battery back, and 5 feet from the rear up. Right in the middle i didnt see any need for any.(plus it came in 5foot packs):)

It came with a little box that dosent let things get shorted out, i dont know how it works but i stuck it here with some double sided tape.

Heres the final product. lol as u can see its dark out-side now, that wiring took alot longer than i thought it would, plus putting the hitch on sucked. Its alot easier to have help, trust me.:(

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, u didnt give me time to do that!!, i copied that from kjjeep.com and i guess it put those in there, i got it!! \:D/

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks familiar! Ceptin mine is U-Haul. Running that wire was a bitch for me, but it's done.

-Blu

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the box marked etrailer.com was not a dead giveaway? If someone is nice, they may post a recent etrailer.com coupon that is not expired. I need one, too, and the one they sent me with my last order (they send one after you order from them) expired with the new year.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice...............now you need a shackle for the receiver in addition to the drawbar and ball.

mods, mods, and more mods.....ha ha

Dave

fdems

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to tighen up the hitch after a few uses, Trust me a couple of loose nuts brings the surprise of your life. Thank God for air tools.

kokali22

Reaction score
the_titan said:
You mean the box marked etrailer.com was not a dead giveaway?

haha! SMART A$$!=D> (biggrin) I didn't even really notice it! I just scanned passed that part cause its just a " BOX" and concentrated on the other
action photos!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, old thread alert! 8-[

I checked the bolts after alittle while and they were ok... I also had to take it back off when I got a gas tank skid and let me tell you, its NOT fun trying to get the hitch and gas tank skid on by yourself! Please call a friend before trying to do that. ](*,)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
wow, old thread alert! 8-[

I checked the bolts after alittle while and they were ok... I also had to take it back off when I got a gas tank skid and let me tell you, its NOT fun trying to get the hitch and gas tank skid on by yourself! Please call a friend before trying to do that. ](*,)

i suggest the use of a floor jack for that, i was able to get the hitch on myself using that method.