New head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so i've been wanting to replace my head unit for a while now, i want an AUX, but im really picky about the way its going to look, can anyone post some pics of how there new HU looks, and if it was of any improvement

also, i already replaced the front speakers with aftermarket ones

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer DEHP7200HD. It has both an AUX and USB input on the front. The iPod is hooked up to the USB and the AUX input is right under the USB port. I have people ride with me all the time and the cable has never been in the way hanging the way it does.

Attachments

• DSCN1878.jpg
    DSCN1878.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 98

dianic

Reaction score
There is a guy on ebay that sells stock units modified with an aux jack in the face... They are reconditioned... FYI

Jmoo27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see i just really want one with an aux and usb in the back so it can be a cleaner look.

Pioneer DEH6300UB can you change the colors on this HU?

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some kenwoods have little slides that go over the ports when not in use on the front if you like that look.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher end kenwoods have usb port and aux in the back of the HU. you can then run your wires thru the dash to the glovebox. I run an Alpine right now with both usb and iPod port plus aux port in the back. I ran the ipod and usb port to the glovebox and put my ipod in there. Its nice knowing i can just throw a thumbdrive in there if I want. I ran the aux cable through the console and have it coming out inside the storage bin. Makes it all nice and clean. I can't stand having a dang cable hanging anywhere. The only time I have a cable out is when I use the aux port to hear pandora off my iPhone. that I'm working on too though. I have a dock on the dash and I'm going to one day get one that runs audio through it too. then I'll just hook the aux to that.

hope this helps.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the stock head unit and got an iSimple aftermarket iPod adapter, which charges my iPod or phone, and I can play my own music or Pandora through the factory speakers by selecting CD changer on the mode switch. I can also skip to the next track and fast-forward or rewind with the radio controls.

Depends on what you want- some of those those Alpine units are about the same price as an iSimple.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see i just really want one with an aux and usb in the back so it can be a cleaner look.

Pioneer DEH6300UB can you change the colors on this HU?

Sorry I just saw this. Indeed you can change them to 200+ color combinations. LCD and Key Colors.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so i've been wanting to replace my head unit for a while now, i want an AUX, but im really picky about the way its going to look, can anyone post some pics of how there new HU looks, and if it was of any improvement

also, i already replaced the front speakers with aftermarket ones

i have a picture of mine in my profile. thats a Kenwood KDC-148. however they dont make it anymore but they make one thats basically the exact same thing but all red when it lights up. Its a Kenwood KDC-152 goes for $79.99 on crutchfield. and has an aux.

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the stock head unit and got an iSimple aftermarket iPod adapter, which charges my iPod or phone, and I can play my own music or Pandora through the factory speakers by selecting CD changer on the mode switch. I can also skip to the next track and fast-forward or rewind with the radio controls.

Depends on what you want- some of those those Alpine units are about the same price as an iSimple.

i second this as i had one before i got subs and needed an aftermarket HU. but i kept the controls and part of my ipod and ran the cable to come out right under the emergency brake

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a new Pioneer P9400BH in my kj and absolutely love it. It has the AUX port in the front and two USB ports in the back. Also has Bluetooth and HD radio. So far Im loving the bluetooth with pandora on my blackberry. Has the hands free calling which is a pretty neat add on.

I highly recommend this head unit! You can change the colors on it also.

adclem

Reaction score
I have the Kenwood KDC-X996 head unit and all of the plugs come out of the back and their is no connections visible on the front of the head unit. Have all of the cables coming out and down the center console and everything is mounted in the center console box.