New head lights......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a set of Hella High Performance Xenon Blue lamps for my '05 Renegade...(HB5 / 9007)....at Advanced Auto Parts...

You must be registered for see images attach

Put the right side in first then clicked on the heads to see how much of a difference there was, even in the bright sun light you can clearly see how much brighter these things are just on low beam.

Then I picked up a small Plano storage box, and made up a spare bulb container for all the turn, reverse, fog, and brake lights.....

I'm figuring with the new vehicle inspection laws about to go into effect here in NJ, the cops will be writing tickets left & right for burned out lamps, this way if I get pulled over for a "light out" violation, all I have to do is reach under my seat, whip out my box of spares and a #20 Torx wrench, and fix it on the spot.....;)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea on the box o bulbs Surf. I keep the same under the seat in my KJ, cept it's more of a ziploc bag full of fuses and bulbs. Keeps the cops at bay. I got pulled over once for a burnt out tail light and the officer was more than pleased to NOT write a ticket when he saw that I could change it right there and then. A little foresite goes a long way sometimes. :)

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea on the box o bulbs Surf. I keep the same under the seat in my KJ, cept it's more of a ziploc bag full of fuses and bulbs. Keeps the cops at bay. I got pulled over once for a burnt out tail light and the officer was more than pleased to NOT write a ticket when he saw that I could change it right there and then. A little foresite goes a long way sometimes. :)

This is actually something I did with my first couple of vehicles, got lazy when I purchased my Dodge Ram 4X4 back in '02, the changing inspection laws were the kick in the asre I needed to do it again.....and I will be throwing some spare fuses in there too....

I had these and found that silverstar ultras are brighter.

Could of had those for the same price, and I'm no stranger to using the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, but going on Hella's rep, I figured I'd give them a try....besides, I'm not sure I'd want to go brighter, I have no doubt I'll be getting high beams flashed at me with the Hella's in there.....:rolleyes:

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get us a night pic! (Please) :D

NO.....

I don't want to, I don't have to, and you can't make me......:p

Besides, my daughter hijacked my digital camera today...(after trashing her's on the beach)....and I'll be without a camera til my birthday next month......:(

I'm more interested in hitting a dark unlit back road at night to see how much better these lamps are, than I'am of standing in front of my Jeep at night taking a photo of it.....;)

Picked up a box set of mini fuses in several amp ratings, the kit came with a tester / fuse puller, stuffed them in the box with my spare bulbs, the #20 Torx driver rides with the tool kit in my big box in the back

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh oh, I'll do it, can I, please please can I? :D

I now have this vision of Dave....shaking like a junkie in withdrawl, sweat pouring off his head, staring at his computer screen, finger shaking over the "ban" button with my name on it.......the first one's always the hardest Dave, if you need to break your "ban" cherry, you can always practice on HJ first, that'll get you over the hump, and make it easier when you get around to me......;)

although, you just might have so much fun banning HJ that you'll forget all about SurfGuitar......:D

(I'm hoping)......lol3.gif (whistle)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You forgot about kj924...he'll be so sad that Dave banned me and then will take out his anger in the form of banning SurfGuitar. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have this vision of Dave....shaking like a junkie in withdrawl, sweat pouring off his head, staring at his computer screen, finger shaking over the "ban" button with my name on it.......the first one's always the hardest Dave, if you need to break your "ban" cherry, you can always practice on HJ first, that'll get you over the hump, and make it easier when you get around to me......;)

although, you just might have so much fun banning HJ that you'll forget all about SurfGuitar......:D

(I'm hoping)......lol3.gif (whistle)

You are blinding me with all those new lights and I can't find my ban button........:p......oh wait I think I see it

You must be registered for see images

:D

Dave