New guy alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratcals

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I just bought a 2006 Liberty about six weeks ago and absolutely love it. So much so I'm considering selling my impracticle 2002 Corvette to buy another Liberty.

I do have one complaint about it and that is driver's side leg room. Basically there isn't enough and I'm only 6'1". A friend of mine has a 2002 and it has more leg room but he says it came that way. Is there a difference in the amount of leg room between model years and is there anything I can do to get a little more in mine?

Thanks in advance.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. There isn't much you can do about the leg room, but just push it all the way back. Some considered replacing the seats with different models or moving rails back, which won't help much because it is not the seats, it is the space.. Just enjoy it, you will get used to it. :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Welcome from beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

My wife and I have a 2004 Sport and I am 6 foot 5 inch's (38 inch inseam)
The leg room is pretty good, but I am considering remounting the seat tracks so I can gain some more leg room. But I have to watch out 'cause my 11 year old daughter is already 5' 6" and always sits behind the driver.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say it has to do with different seats. Does he have power seats or anything? I can pretty much sit in the back with the power seats.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
ratcals....welcome to the board and enjoy your jeep.

That vette is a different kind of fun vehicle. If it's paid for keep it.

Besides, kjpilot doesn't really want to trade his jeep for it. He would have to change his name to vettepilot and he couldn't take it off road.

Dave

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ratcals....welcome to the board and enjoy your jeep.

That vette is a different kind of fun vehicle. If it's paid for keep it.

Besides, kjpilot doesn't really want to trade his jeep for it. He would have to change his name to vettepilot and he couldn't take it off road.

Dave

'02 C5 for an '03 KJ... I'm willing to make sacrifices!;)

ratcals

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and, yes, the vette is paid for. Here are some pictures if you want to see: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090943 The problem is I bought the Liberty for my daughter to learn on cause she ain't driving the vette or the wife's Grand Cherokee. Unfortunately I ended liking it far more than I expected. Too bad Jeep radically changed the design for 2008 because I would have considered a new one.

I do think my friend's Liberty has electric seats. I'll ask him.

ratcals

Reaction score
The Vette corners well just not near as well as the Porsche. It rode like it was on rails. Not too bad considering it was a 20 year old car. I only paid $3500 for it and it was in horrible condition. It took two years and I'd completely restored it from the ground up to include a new paint job so it basically looked like it just drove off the showroom floor. I loved that car. Unfortunately it was hit by a bomb loader used to load 5000 bombs onto F-15s. Needless to say the car lost, over $10,000 worth of damage and it was parked at the time. Here's a picture before the accident:

You must be registered for see images attach

And a picture after the accident:

You must be registered for see images attach

Note how the back wheels are on the grass? Well that's not how I parked it. The bomb loader shoved it back about five feet and he was allegedly only going 15mph which is the speed limit on the flightline.

I've ordered the Bigboy Brackets from http://www.misch4x4.com/. I've read good things about them on other sites. I'll give an update when they arrive and are installed. BTW-Their website does not mention them for the Liberty but if you call they do have them

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online