New GPS Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally did it, I picked up a Garmin nuvi 750 at Sam's Club yesterday.

I've had my eye on this unit for a while now and decided to take the plunge because I'll be driving a lot this summer for my vacation.

How does one hard-wire the power cord in the Libby? It looks like it has a proprietary connector on it and I'd hate to screw it up.

Thanks...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Garmin LOVES proprietary :rolleyes: Probably best to use the supplied adapter in the power outlet; if you want it out of the way you could get a spare power outlet/cigarette lighter socket from an auto parts store and tap it into the main outlet wiring then hide it behind the knee bolster and run the power cord to where you'll have the GPS installed.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a mini USB port on the nuvi's - unless yours is different? if it is the little rectangular looking then it is like the rest.

get one of these cables (amazon, eGay, etc.), wire it through the dash in to a power source behind dash, and ground it. you dont want to cut your car power cable it came with to make your own otherwise you will cut the inline fuse out, which helps prevent over powering.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online