New Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkB

Reaction score
Since we do live in Texas and we are native Red-Necks. Mamma got to have a little rumble. Going to the local shop tomorrow for a custom Flowmaster Cat-Back system. I can't wait. we have had several V6s with Flowmasters. I prefer the Super 40 myself.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Since we do live in Texas and we are native Red-Necks. Mamma got to have a little rumble. Going to the local shop tomorrow for a custom Flowmaster Cat-Back system. I can't wait. we have had several V6s with Flowmasters. I prefer the Super 40 myself.

I do love a rumbling engine. :)

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of which, can you get some drive by videos of it?

We've been getting blizzard conditions all week. I couldn't pay someone to go outside an hold a camera for me. Trust me, you'll love it, its loud and you'll stand out from the crowd, just like you want. Plus, my video camera is my Kodak 3.1MP Digital camera.

MarkB

Reaction score
I got it done today. It was a scorching 20 degrees here this morning. The muffler guy didn't seem to mind though. We did the Super 40 with dual pipes straight out the back, and oval stainless tips. SOUNDS SWEET!!!!!!!!

BNJ-KJ

Reaction score
I like to hear it on a video and see some pics. It's hard for me to imagine these odd sounding 3.7's sounding good with a catback.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put on my super 44 yesterday and that thing stands out, just idling down a parking lot i get stares. Im sure your super 40 sounds awesome, i had that on my chevy beretta before i sold it and it was loud and sounded great

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no he said his muffler is a single in which means its not a true dual, just for looks

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
sounds kinda ricey ish... is the tone deeper in real life?

i meant this for the super 44 thread but i spose it still stands....

MarkB

Reaction score
no he said his muffler is a single in which means its not a true dual, just for looks

That is correct. Single in dual out. I believe you can do true dual though. The 08s have 2 cats. Not sure on previous years. I will try to get pics posted this weekend.

MarkB

Reaction score
sounds kinda ricey ish... is the tone deeper in real life?

On startup and idle the Super 40 sounds pretty stinkin' close to a V8. On heavy acceleration the V6 comes out. Still sounds pretty deep though. I think it is still way better than a Neon with a fart pipe.