Fixed the exhaust tick and the mystery rattle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like to sell anything unless it's as close to 100% as possible. If it's not I always disclose any issue I know about.

As such, there were a few little things I wanted to take care of before selling off the Libby.

1) The exhaust tick was exactly what I figured it was. The one piece y-pipe never aligned perfectly on the drivers side when I replaced the entire exhaust system about a year and a half ago. It finally blew past the donut seal/gasket between the cat and y-pipe on that side. It was an easy fix, but since I didn't want it to happen again down the road, I cut through and split the straight section in between the two sides, properly aligned it, sleeved and clamped it. It's perfect now.

2) Fixing the exhaust also fixed the slow speed rattle that was driving me crazy over the past few months. When the exhaust tick started I thought it could possibly be causing the rattle as well. The flange ends on the cat and y-pike were right against one another, due to the improper alignment, and were coming into contact on bumps causing the low speed rattle.

3) Last, but not least. Even though there is no pulsation during normal braking, only in the last 5-0 mph, I'm going to throw on a new set of rotors tomorrow. They only have 15,000 on them and I could probably have them turned/trued, but figured I'd just do it right.

That will be it. I can comfortably say it's 100% to the best of my knowledge now when I sell it. No known issues, no leaks, no engine lights or codes and it drives and tracks like new. Actually, better due to the suspension upgrades.