Register New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olecowpoke

Reaction score
Name: Mike Schmidt...aka olecowpoke
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (2.8 diesel) used mostly as an Overlander...stock suspension and all terrain tires, but a Smittybilt 9500 winch on custom fabricated brackets to attach and reinforce the unibody. If you're gonna stay stock, you need a winch in a pinch.....but then you should have a winch off road anyway. I also have a roof rack mounted Solar Panel to charge auto battery battery, charge a Dewalt 2500 watt Inverter, back up battery jump starter, compressor and direct charges the entire line of 18volt Ryobi power tools, including a 10"chainsaw to remove trail obstacles, cut firewood (etc), a Ryobi 1/2" impact for tire changes and all other Ryobi construction tools for Samaritans Purse disaster relief (or shelter building outback), where there is no working power grid. I park my solar panel toward the sun and charge everything or run the diesel a bit if necessary. I also flip the rear split seat down and sleep on a Coleman inflatable matress. Plano o-ring sealed boxes fit the Walmart roof rack perfectly and a hitch rack on the back holds my hi-efficiency (Yeti knockoff) coolers, a propane stove/oven for great meals off-grid/off-road. My little red green jeep is capable of long term off-road/off-road living...like we all dream of. I'm proof, you can do it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

olecowpoke

Reaction score
Name: Mike Schmidt...aka olecowpoke
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (2.8 diesel) used mostly as an Overlander...stock suspension and all terrain tires, but a Smittybilt 9500 winch on custom fabricated brackets to attach and reinforce the unibody. If you're gonna stay stock, you need a winch in a pinch.....but then you should have a winch off road anyway. I also have a roof rack mounted Solar Panel to charge auto battery battery, charge a Dewalt 2500 watt Inverter, back up battery jump starter, compressor and direct charges the entire line of 18volt Ryobi power tools, including a 10"chainsaw to remove trail obstacles, cut firewood (etc), a Ryobi 1/2" impact for tire changes and all other Ryobi construction tools for Samaritans Purse disaster relief (or shelter building outback), where there is no working power grid. I park my solar panel toward the sun and charge everything or run the diesel a bit if necessary. I also flip the rear split seat down and sleep on a Coleman inflatable matress. Plano o-ring sealed boxes fit the Walmart roof rack perfectly and a hitch rack on the back holds my hi-efficiency (Yeti knockoff) coolers, a propane stove/oven for great meals off-grid/off-road. My little red green jeep is capable of long term off-road/off-road living...like we all dream of. I'm proof, you can do it.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is just awesome. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Dave

Members online