New but in Need Please (Electrical or Draw)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some form of update for those who are highly in need.

engine codes:
P1684
PO218
P1775
PO740
PO562
PO700

I have been able to recently unlock - lock - unlock (with the factory remote) - start with ease. After putting all the wires back together I have not cut anything else (cannot figure out what each red wire is to on C1).

When the wires were cut (no radio and no interior lights supposedly) the passenger floor light would stay on - and the car would start (very sluggish).

If someone has the diagram for C1 I am willing, ready, and able to continue cutting - in the mean time I will use the new found trick.

Renegade - I lean more and more towards something between the steering wheel and console. My mental block to the science Billwill provides is if I pull the JB fuse block from under the hood the draw goes completely away - why does the car not start the moment the fuse block is plugged back in?

Regardless thank you all so much for getting me to this point - I learned a lot so far and that would not have been possible without your help.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "JB fuse block under the hood"!

The JB (Junction Block) is inside the cabin on the rear of the internal fuse panel...not under the hood. I presume this is just a typo from you!.

How did you retrieve the error codes that you have posted here?
Did you use a proper code reader or the "key" trick.

You may have caused the codes by cutting wires or by pulling out connectors...the "key' trick does not erase codes....you need to have the codes read and cleared by means of a proper code reader so that you know what the current status is...some of those codes could be ancient and of no relevance now.

P1684----Battery was disconnected
P0218...TCM Code...High Temperature Activated
P1775...TCM Code..Solenoid Switch valve latched in TCC Position
P0740..TCM Code...TCC Out Of Range.
P0562...Battery Voltage Low
P0700...TCM Code...MIL Request

Battery Disconnected and Battery Low codes are to be expected with your problem here....TCM codes would seem to be transmission related and probably not related to your problem but clear all the codes and let us see what comes up in future.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online