New Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Guy I work with has a Red top,the tag on it says 95 for the year of purchase,fellow got it from a old man that had it sitting in his yard in 2000.

richardkay624

Reaction score
I own a Duralast Silver type 34 that I purchased used in 1998. I use a battery charger
about occasionaly on it. The vehicle ( 1993 Mustang) is garaged. I am not sure how old the battery
was in 1998...I am guessing a year or two. So the battery is 11 or 12 years old.
Wow! Usually I get 5 or 6 years from a battery. The battery in our 2004 Limited
is the original Mopar battery.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread.

I am still running the original battery in my jeep so it will be 5 years old in May. It still tests good. Not sure what I will replace it with yet.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Every Year in the fall (before winter) charge it first, and take my vehicles in for a load test.
This way you know if you are good to go through the colder months.
I would go with a Odyssey PC-1500 dual post AGM style. With gobs of cranking power, your headlights might not dim, when you use the power windows....LOL.
The stock (replaced) Chrysler battery that came with my KJ works ok but really 630 CCA /110 min, reserve, don't expect to leave your stereo on for hours, with Jeep off.
You get what you pay for. The PC-1500 880 CCA-135min reserve, would be an awesome replacement to pick things up quite a bit and last a long time hopefully,4 years warranty for PC-1500 automotive use. Note AGM type charger's are required.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/files/US-ODY-WS-8_0409.pdf
Product Info PC-1500 DT (dual terminal)
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500.htm