New 18" wheels with General Grabber AT2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
check startech jeep liberty.. it's got a lot of chrome, and I still donno if it looks good or bad.. it sure looks different.
You must be registered for see images

That one needs clear corners.....but if all KJ's looked the same, hyedipin, you would be bored.....haha

Dave

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
$1500...... got me re-thinking..

How are these tires overall on highway? And can you post some more pictures?

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1500...... got me re-thinking..

How are these tires overall on highway? And can you post some more pictures?

The Grabber's are fine on the highway. They are not loud and I think they ride very for an asgressive all terrain tire.

Those are all the pics I have for now. Let me know if you want more...

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can type either...The Grabber's are fine on the highway. They are not loud and I think they ride very well for an aggressive all terrain tire.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Man... dump the Stark Hickey plate frame! Get one for MSU. ;) I got rid of mine as soon as humanly possible... like as soon as I got home. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

It still looks good! How deep is the tread on those Grabbers? The camera makes it seem shallow.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those tires officially look great. Were you thinking of getting bigger rotors? They look small with those huge tires, and might have problem stopping if your rims are heavier.. And it would look a lot better with larger rotors.

My favorite:

Didn't get the spare? :(

I think these tires would also look great with what I wanted to get (Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cast Wheels)

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats on the list, I just temporarily forgot about it. You have one of those new Michigan plates, I like them. The tread is deep, 17/32.

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those tires officially look great. Were you thinking of getting bigger rotors? They look small with those huge tires, and might have problem stopping if your rims are heavier.. And it would look a lot better with larger rotors.

My favorite:

Didn't get the spare? :(

I think these tires would also look great with what I wanted to get (Dale Earnhardt Jr. Cast Wheels)

Glad you like the pic. I want new brakes with bigger rotors, but that can get expensive. I have noticed that it's a little harder to stop so I'm going to do something, just not sure what. Well I was trying to save money, and a spare would have been another $350, so I just got a tire cover that I put on after I took these pics. What do the Earnhardt Jr. wheels look like?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that it's a little harder to stop so I'm going to do something, just not sure what. Well I was trying to save money, and a spare would have been another $350, so I just got a tire cover that I put on after I took these pics.

Jeep is already heavy, and doesn't have the best stopping distance, so when you get wheels like this you have to think about your brake system, and consider larger rotors. I am no pro, but I assume larger and heavier wheels like those, especially with those tires that "give" a bit when stopping, it is wiser to get rotors replaced. Maybe someone else can tell you if they drove just fine after a while.

What do the Earnhardt Jr. wheels look like?

http://jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32218

Or these, which I could not find at the retailers, and I don't think they are DEJs..
http://jeepkj.com/forum/showpost.php?p=302854&postcount=3

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is already heavy, and doesn't have the best stopping distance, so when you get wheels like this you have to think about your brake system, and consider larger rotors. I am no pro, but I assume larger and heavier wheels like those, especially with those tires that "give" a bit when stopping, it is wiser to get rotors replaced. Maybe someone else can tell you if they drove just fine after a while.

http://jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32218

Or these, which I could not find at the retailers, and I don't think they are DEJs..
http://jeepkj.com/forum/showpost.php?p=302854&postcount=3

Yeah, new brakes are definitely a priority now. Those DEJs look amazing! They would look especially good with general grabbers!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make general grabbers for 18 but not for 17 ?

That's what I was thinking. wtf?

It looks good...I had a set of that brand of wheel on my Explorer...they seem to be good quality for the price. Discount Tire usually has some good deals like free shipping, etc...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am digging General Grabbers with American Racing 18 tires..
We don't have Discount Tire here, but they have discount tire direct online store.. not sure where they have deal with for the mount/balance but will check that.

The problem is, Tire Rack says "Not Rated For Severe Snow".. Grabbers.. not reated for sever snow.. not sure what to say now.. any ideas if this set up will get me stuck in a feet of snow?

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't? Why not!?! Can't you replace the rotors and pads and clamps whole thing? Small rotors look ugly, and empty.