New 18" wheels with General Grabber AT2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
A little less than $1500 total from Discount Tire. Not too bad.
Not bad at all. As a matter of fact, that's great!

Drooling... it really does look great!

I've always had a liking for larger rims, but what I hate is people mount them on those rubber bands for tires. I know rubber isn't as pretty as a shiny rim, but I like looking at a little bit of rubber and I believe this is the perfect balance on the Liberty.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make general grabbers for 18 but not for 17 ?

That looks good! :) Actually a bit too much like Benz, but still looks much better than I what I expected to see when I read the title of the topic.....

Silver tow hooks? :) nice.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look very good. I have looked at the MBs a few times.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all!! The choice of tire helps keep the rugged appearance I think.

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride is very good actually. I thought it would be a little stiffer with a 2" bigger rim, but I dont really notice any difference. The wider-than-stock grabbers make me feel more planted to the road and ride very smooth on the highway. I'm very happy with the ride.
I have not had it offroad yet, but I want to. Thats the main reason I got the grabbers. I am a full time student and dont have a lot of time, but this summer I going to try to go.
A bit like Benz, eh? Well I didnt have a whole lot of wheel choices since I wanted to keep the price down. I wanted 18s and I liked these the best. I wanted to keep the rugged look and these wheels have rivets which help and the grabbers definitely keep it rugged.
I saw the chrome tow hooks on ebay and couldn't pass them up. Some guy had them chromed at a bike shope then wrecked his Liberty and had to sell the brand new chromed hooks. I only paid $40 for them and he said the chroming cost him $100. I've never seen another Liberty with them, I love them!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your wheels and tires look good. The chromed towhooks are unique, too.

Enjoy.

Dave

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense or anything..but I think it has too much chrome. Wheels look awesome, but not a wheel you would take off-road, maybe for light wheelin'?

renkiew2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm definitely not adding anymore chrome, I got the grill before I knew I was getting chrome tow hooks, but I couldnt pass them up when I saw them. There's no way I'm doing heavy off roading, but I have to do at least some. I'm a rim guy and had to get some good looking ones. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
check startech jeep liberty.. it's got a lot of chrome, and I still donno if it looks good or bad.. it sure looks different.
You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
why... you getting door handle and mirror covers and other stuff now?

Latest posts

Members online