New '07 Sahara

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in the KJ on an '07 Wrangler Sahara this week. Here are a couple of pics I took in the driveway.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, very nice. I'm glad you got the 2 door instead of the Unlimited model. One thing I'd change... the Jeep logo would have to go, IMO it looks out of place on the front grill.

Last edited:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous, SO jealous. Congratulations though, it's very nice looking. BTW, that's the EXACT same JK that I'm planning on getting in about 1-2 years. I've built that same one on Jeep.com countless times...same color, Sahara edition, dual roof, all that stuff. Very nice, and again...gotta admit I'm a bit jealous!(biggthumpup)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mick........really nice jeep. I also like the 2 dr better than the 4 dr. Just my personal preference of the two.

I also agree with AZKJ........take the jeep logo off the grill. It will look cleaner I think.......and everyone knows it's a jeep anyway.

Dave

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you add a winch to those stock bumpers? sorry to thread jack just always wondered what the newer ones were rated at and why they stuck out so far

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ban you from posting here again, you or anyone else who trade their KJ for Wrangler or JK. You guys are bad influence to all of us! :D

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw come on. You know you want one! :D

Nice JK, Mick. Love the color. Congrats.
Thanks for the complements. It seems like everyone really likes that color, especially with the khaki top. I really liked the KJ but I don't have a family (no need for extra doors) and the redesign really swayed me over. I really hope buying the first year of a redesign doesn't come back to bite me. Maybe we could even keep a group of JK owners going here. We are more a niche group coming from, or still having, a KJ going to the JK. Some of those diehard CJ and Wrangler guys wouldn't understand where we are coming from.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
I really hope buying the first year of a redesign doesn't come back to bite me.

My JK already got over 12,000 miles! I got mine in April 12th! I've been to dozens of Jeep trails, beaches etc. with my JK and tried 4Hi, 4LO, electric sway bar disconnect, front and/or rear lockers etc. So far no problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements. It seems like everyone really likes that color, especially with the khaki top. I really liked the KJ but I don't have a family (no need for extra doors) and the redesign really swayed me over. I really hope buying the first year of a redesign doesn't come back to bite me. Maybe we could even keep a group of JK owners going here. We are more a niche group coming from, or still having, a KJ going to the JK. Some of those diehard CJ and Wrangler guys wouldn't understand where we are coming from.

Its a great looking Jeep!! Ignore my question in the other thread about whether you got one or not...I am another one that went from a KJ to a JK, albeit with a small lapse in between...I am really really happy with mine..:D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, all new JK's come with skids for the gas tank, transfer case, and ****** if it's an auto.

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of those diehard CJ and Wrangler guys wouldn't understand where we are coming from.

Speaking as an old CJ diehard (back in my mid 20's, CJ5 manual everything) They were so utilitarian back then. I've aged, Jeeps have evolved. In my fifth one now, and it's the nimblest of them all. My KJ may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but at 50, how often am I planning on doing that in my forseeable future. And yes, I do like the creature comforts in the new JK's!

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Wrangler Mick. Like AZKJ I prefer the looks and size of the 2 door compared to the Unlimited. Good color, too.

Gene in Brownsville, Texas
2007 Sport 4wd 6 spd

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Wrangler Mick. Like AZKJ I prefer the looks and size of the 2 door compared to the Unlimited. Good color, too.

Gene in Brownsville, Texas
2007 Sport 4wd 6 spd
Thanks, I have gotten more compliments about the color. Even random people in parking lots, "Like your Jeep, great color".

After getting the JK, however, I have founds some KJ haters that I didn't even know about. One of my sisters friends was saying how much see likes the new JK and is glad that I got rid of that "ugly Liberty". And someone else, can't remember who, made some comment about not liking my Liberty. Personally I liked my KJ, I also really like my JK. I didn't really need those extra doors, or back seat for that matter. Some days I don't even need a roof!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you add a winch to those stock bumpers? sorry to thread jack just always wondered what the newer ones were rated at and why they stuck out so far

I am sure that the reason they stick out has something to do with safety...

Some company makes a plate that allows you to put a winch on the stock bumper, but I cannot remember which company it is...:)