New 03 KJ Owner in MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, stumbled across the forum looking for some info. Looks like the KJ is pretty popular!

Scott
Tyler, MN

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome!!! This is one of the best (if not the best) KJ forums out there. :D

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey another Minnesotan im from rochester so if you need anything let me know

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 03 KJ Sport.

Adding a towing package to it and a few other subtle things that i need on it.

Hey Twack!

Yeah i need a super cheap lightbar package after seeing pics of it on here... LOL

I immediately checked every junkyard, nothing, shoot!

I was hoping maybe i could find one with the wiring and rubber grommet that goes in the roof. Mine doesn't have the plug behind the A-Pillar cover but i could fabricate the rest myself. Oh well maybe someday when i have the kind of money it goes for.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally think that the standard jk lightbar is super over priced and im shocked no one has made an aftermarket version for under 200. If i were you i would just make a light bar that attaches to the rails. cheap and simple. theres is a write up on here

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Yeah i was looking at the lightbar on a Renegade and pictures of it online, it looks nice as it matches the styling, but come on DC, whats with the price tag on this thing?? Even the junkyards think they have a high priced component when they get one. I found one place that claims to have them but they want nearly $300 for it and no wiring harness.

That's actually the first Deer i have hit in years. I haven't hit one since i lived out on the farm, and back then it was an old Chevy PU with a steel bumper, most that happened was a ding in the bumper, one took out my headlight though. But back then you bought the headlight as one big glass bulb, remember those days? Now its a bulb that fastens into a plastic assembly which costs ten times more than it used to.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, now that you mention it, i'm surprised there isn't any aftermarket lightbar for the KJ yet?

I was thinking about getting the OEM crossbars so the color and styling matches and then installing lights on the front bar, and maybe one or two on the back bar wired to the backup light circuit for some extra light when i'm towing my trailer.

oliverthejeep

Reaction score
03 KJ owner from Baltimore, MD

Hello everybody! My name is Dana and I am a proud owner of a 2003 Jeep Liberty. His name is Oliver, and yes, I did name him :)

My brother owns a 2008 JK and we are always coming up with ideas for both vehicles. I am working on learning about maintenance and all that good stuff. I cant wait to do some modifications to my baby. Right now, he is stock everything. But as soon as I get some more money, his is getting the hook up!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and have fun!!

Lots of good info on here, i've only been a KJ owner for a couple weeks now myself, bought an 03' Sport. If you need an answer it seems it can be found here on the forum!