NEED YOUR HELP RE HOOKS or SHACKLES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Dear all,
I am trying to preparare my jeep liberty 2003 for off-road. I was wondering if you have any suggestion on which kind of hooks or shackles I should buy.

Thanks!

Giuseppe

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, make sure you get the Mopar tow hooks for the front like Jeepster said because they come with special U bolts that fit up inside the frame.

Dave

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't what you wanted links to...
Install Instructions

Pics of the hooks (from AndySRTs for sale thread)

Installed on an '02-04 Limited

I've seen a lot of them for sale in forums lately. But i you want new, try jparts.com. I'd link them, but they are a site sponsor; keep hitting refresh until their ad banner shows up and click it...good way to support the site. They are probably the cheapest you'll find new, plus it free shipping.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And there is a new Mopar Accessories rebate out. They used to only do it once a year.

Giuseppe

Reaction score
Yea, make sure you get the Mopar tow hooks for the front like Jeepster said because they come with special U bolts that fit up inside the frame.

Dave

I was told this morning that the MOPAR need the frame being drilled. Is this true? If this is not the case, could you please tell me which mopar exactly I need to buy to fit my jeep liberty sport 2003?

Thanks a lot!

giuseppe

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told this morning that the MOPAR need the frame being drilled. Is this true? If this is not the case, could you please tell me which mopar exactly I need to buy to fit my jeep liberty sport 2003?

Thanks a lot!

giuseppe

Mine is an 05 and the holes were already in the frame. I installed them myself so I can say that for sure. I havn't heard of anyone that needed to drill holes for Mopar towhooks.. But you have a european model. Look at your frame behind where the cutouts are in the front bumper. You should see 2 holes in the frame. Check with a Jeep Dealer for the Mopar tow hooks and they should be able to look it up in the parts manual.

Dave

Giuseppe

Reaction score
It is not a european model. I live in Vancouver. I will check with the dealer. thanks Dave.

giuseppe