Need urgent help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I have finally found the problem have been having with my liberty. Rear driveshaft U-joint is worn and need to be replaced but I believe driving the car around like that has caused the differential and rear subframe bushings to go bad? I see they are literally torn apart. The problem is that I can not find these parts so I can replace them. I believe they are not called what I think they are...? Here I have attached pictures below. Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The boomerang thingy is called the rear trilink/ rear upper control arm. It's easier and less expensive to replace the whole unit instead of just the bushings and ball joint. Make sure the replacement is the Mopar HD one for factory quality, cheap ones won't last.

The Ujoint is a completely different issue, it's a $20 fix. Take the driveshaft out and get a balljoint C clamp press to press the old u joint out.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine become disconnected from the rear diff and had everything replaced, No more clunk from the rear end when off road or going over speed bumps and Prius's.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part number is 52088901AD. BUT make sure you get the MOPAR one. Rock auto has it and morris 4x4 has it (Their 52088901AD-M is the heavy duty one there).

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. My mistake was keep calling it a subframe, that's probably why I couldn't find anything. I was thinking about just getting the bushings and repainting the part but if it's easier to just get the whole thing, I will do so. It comes with the 3 bushings on it though right?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found one for $370, bit the bullet. Thanks again guys.

where?

I keep seeing people needing to replace this thing... think it's time I just buy one now so I don't have to hunt for one later.

edit: found it for just under $344 shipped as my best price so far.

edit 2: and I found a coupon code that nets 10% off. $309.52 shipped price it's saying.

edit 3: ordered one. cheap insurance.

edit 4: oh... some of you might want to know where I ordered it from...
https://www.autopartstomorrow.com/ProductDetails/52088901AD-MOP/46
use coupon code 'GON' which will get you another 10% off (at least it did for me as of today)

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont get it - JBA sells them for $160. What am I missing?

Like Czar stated cheaper version
I tried one of them since I was in a pinch waiting on the HD one.
I had it tore up in less than 3 months, I do launch harder than most more than likely but still they have very cheap bushings and ball joints

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about pulling one from a wrecked kj and getting a good set of bushing and a heim join and see what I can build for when I need to replace mine again.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking about pulling one from a wrecked kj and getting a good set of bushing and a heim join and see what I can build for when I need to replace mine again.

I'd like to see what you make of that! Good luck pulling one off though if it was as rusty as mine i destroyed the old one with the BFH getting it off.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if that is where my mysterious, occasional clunk in the rear is coming from. :hmm: