Need Urgent Help with MAP problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob789456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance. Tonight after driving my Jeep all day, perfectly fine, I got in it to drive up to the store and it barely wanted to start. It stalled 3 times, then ran extremely rough with plenty of backfiring, surging, and bogging, so I parked it. I drove it less than 1 mile. It is throwing a P0108 code, for MAP voltage too high. I disconnected the battery for over an hour, tried it again, no luck. So I pulled the MAP sensor harness and checked the 3 pins for voltage. The leftmost pin has 5.1volts with the ignition in the on position with the engine off, the center 0 volts, and the rightmost also at 5.1 volts. Before I drop $50 on a new sensor, does it sound like a new sensor will fix it? Could it be the PCM if the PCM is giving off the correct voltage? Thanks and please let me know if I am blanking on anything else to check!
-Jacob

Members online

No members online now.