Need Replacement Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speaker in the driver door in my Wife's 02KJ blew and we're looking to replace the speakers in both front doors. She has the factory "Deluxe Stereo" in it. It looks like this one http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Mopar-OEM-Jeep-Liberty-RAZ-AM-FM-Stereo-Radio-with-Cassette-CD-Player-05-07-P23590C507.aspx.
I found a pair speakers at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood...air)/9231832.p?id=1218063830096&skuId=9231832 . (You may need to right click and open in a new window or tab to view see the link correctly) The site say's they will fit in the KJ but I wanna make sure they are compatible with her Stereo. I know if sometimes if the ohms are wrong it can make things sound crappy and what not

So if anyone can inform me of the specs for the stereo or give some insight on there stereo experiences it would a great help.

Thanks!!

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
I am also curious as I would like to replace mine as well. Something about the 02 front speakers they blow pretty easy.

n3tninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it will work fine the thing to really pay attention to is the mounting holes on the speakers. If they don't match, you'll need to drill out new mounting holes in the door for screws. It says that 6.5" speakers will work, but there is an adapter kit for that if you don't want to make new mounting holes. I think I'm may try them out too since they're a good price and I tend to be ******* speakers. The only thing you might notice different is that the high's in the music will be a bit more noticeable. On my 02 limited, the tweeters are on the dash and the door speakers are just woofers (no tweeters in the center of the speaker). Oh and 4ohm speakers are the way to go. 8ohm you'll lose half your power to the speakers trying to drive them. All the systems I've installed, I've only used 8 ohm speakers for subwoofers in my speaker wall.

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sonicelectronix.com thats where i got my speakers from and payed less than half of what any audio shop wouldve charged me and theyre brand new in the box NOT refurbs

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and as for size...go with 6 3/4" i have 6.5s and the first one was a nightmare to install but no hole drilled

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, you cannot just swap speakers if you have premium system. You will have to buy new amps and run new wires (or cut wiring harness off the door speakers and patch them)

My passenger door speaker died for the second time (both stock), and I am in no mood to run new wires to rear (where my amp is located). So I just turned down bass at front channels, and use my sub.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I swapped in new speakers in my infinity sound system when my old ones bought the farm. Granted, I had to wire the new speakers to the existing amps to make it work. Works fine now.