Need Help With the PAC-SWI Steering Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone wire this up in an '02?

I follow the instructions and nothing I do works. I've used the red/dk. blue red/black, and another red/black (maybe dk. blue) in the white connector.

I'm using the green wire and it looks like it programs OK but there's no love at the steering wheel. I'm using program 2 and have watched the programming video a lot of times so I'm sure I'm doing that right.

Any hints, tips, tricks, or hacks I can try? Any pics?

Thanks,

Last edited:

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's an aftermarket interface to allow me use of my steering wheel buttons to control my new HU.

I'll try again in the morning if its not storming like it is supposed to do. If no love then I'll try calling PAC.

Thanks though...

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it out! It's the red/black wire in the white connector underneath the steering column. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday; maybe I took too long to start the programming - it has to be within 7 seconds of entering programming mode.

There are also new functions with this that allows you to answer and end calls from the Pioneer blue tooth receiver. I had to give up the seek/track-up/down but the phone functions are more than worth it.

Now I need to put everything back together again and start learning the advanced functions of the receiver.

YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAA!

Latest posts

Members online