Need help determining 4wd type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newzpix

Reaction score
Select-Trac has a 4-Full Time setting for use on any road surface.

Look at the drive selector lever; if you see 4-Full Time it has Select-Trac.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i tried to run my vin through jeep.com it says it doesnt exist, yet it worked on carfax

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the dealer doesn't know the difference. I'm assuming it's a used car dealer, not a chrysler one?

2003KJ

Reaction score
As for the outstanding ball joint recall, Have the guy your buying from take care of the recall before you buy it. I know in most states, it's illegal for a used car business, as well as dealerships, to sell a vehicle to a customer (be it used or new) with incomplete recalls on them.

Last edited:

KJ2005

Reaction score
I think unless you do ********* trails with ********* mods, both 4wd systems will work well for you on the trail. The easiest way to tell is written in the previous post, you'll have to look at the transfer case shifter. I have the Command-Trac and it works great.

pat2105

Reaction score
Many Thanks!

Wow---awesome community! I talked to the dealer, he runs a used lot, not a Chrystler dealer, but he said he bought it from Chrystler Financial (not quite sure what that means).

Thanks to everyone who posted. Your help and enthusiasm just sealed the deal for me. He's having the recall done and I'm picking it up on Friday!

I appreciate all the quick responses. Thanks again! I look forward to becoming an active forum member and happy owner.

Pat

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow---awesome community! I talked to the dealer, he runs a used lot, not a Chrystler dealer, but he said he bought it from Chrystler Financial (not quite sure what that means).

Thanks to everyone who posted. Your help and enthusiasm just sealed the deal for me. He's having the recall done and I'm picking it up on Friday!

I appreciate all the quick responses. Thanks again! I look forward to becoming an active forum member and happy owner.

Pat

Congrats! Can't wait to see your first picture with off-road background :) Break her in nice but spoil her to death!