Need Car Alarm--A$$hl(s) broke into my kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSZYHzA3KCE

yeah, it is always easy if the car is out in the open like that.
I know in europe they strap you on for wheels, lift you with a small crane and load you on the bed. takes about 1 minute for the whole thing. But in USA i never saw anyone with that rig.

So what happens if I leave the jeep in 4 LO, wheels turn and locked?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Nothing. They will still tow it. Nothing will stop a repo man unless the vehicle is constantly parked in the garage. Then law enforcement gets involved...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean they will break the differential, or eat up the front tires, or the rear will just roll off and drop off the cradle since the front wheels will push rear wheels to turn? Or will the jeep slip out of the lock like it does when you have three wheels stuck and one wheel spinning when you are in a ditch with 4LO.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have devised a fool proof way to stop a repo man.
Pay Your Car Loan.:D
But seriously, nothing will stop someone who really wants your car, knows what they are doing, and has the right equipment.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Here's a way to avoid it all:

Pay cash.

Hmm, too bad most are not able to do that. :( Maybe I will, someday. After I pay off these stupid student loans!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have devised a fool proof way to stop a repo man.
Pay Your Car Loan.:D
But seriously, nothing will stop someone who really wants your car, knows what they are doing, and has the right equipment.
100lbs of C4 rigged to a highly over-sensitive car alarm will stop any repo man:D,just like in Mad Max.

Then again you won't have a vehicle either,but then again you can report it stolen since no part bigger then a grain of sand will be left of it and spread over about a 10 mile radius and get the insurance money:D.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true. Maybe some Thermite in the mix for good measure. Just park it at work, way far away from people, and absolutely not in your driveway.:D Unless your insurance covers a stolen house too.:)

Note to the ATF and DHS. We are just joking.

smarkham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I went ahead and installed a frontpage alarm. Got it done yesterday. Only cost me $285. I'm resigned it's only a deterrent but sometimes deterrents work. If someone REALLY wants to F(&!! with my jeep they will. It's a bit of a lottery.:mad:

THANKS

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How how about a slow leak cyanide alarm system. Any breach will activate small puffs of cyanide from each door. Serves them right.:D

jcpryce

Reaction score
You mean they will break the differential, or eat up the front tires, or the rear will just roll off and drop off the cradle since the front wheels will push rear wheels to turn? Or will the jeep slip out of the lock like it does when you have three wheels stuck and one wheel spinning when you are in a ditch with 4LO.

They nice thing about the KJ is that it has a manual selector for the transfer case, it would be just as easy for me to get in and put the it into nuetral and go. But even so, like others have said, if i know where it is, I WILL GET IT. I've taken drive shafts out before in alleys behind peoples houses. I've also got a set of "self loading tow dollies" that you put under the wheels not attached to the truck and will lift it of the ground. I have drug cars out of the driveway and then knock on the door for keys and have my buddy drive it away, because once it is attached to my truck and off your property, it's mine. no cop can enforce other wise, as long as i have my paperwork.

Last night i picked up an 01 Lincoln LS, an 05 Dodge Ram 4x4 that you cant put into 2 hi i knocked on the door and got the keys for it, and an 03 Dodge Grand Caravan.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idiot!

Once, I saw another idiot tow truck take the turn so fast and flip the car on its roof in the middle of broadway in manhattan. When I was passing by it looked like the car just fell off the sky, right on top of its roof..

Oh, that tow driver, they will repo his AS5 if he cannot pay for that chevy!

Those dollies, do they their own lift mechanism? I mean you still have to lift the vehicle to put those under the wheels.
Have you ever been confronted?

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago (like 10+ years ago, lol), a Ford Tempo got repo'd across the street late one night. Then we went across the street and told them that someone came with a tow-truck and stole their car.

Well they weren't very surprised so my mom told me that they repo'd it and that's what happens when you don't make your car payments. :D

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few years back my uncle was in an accident and he said the tow truck driver was a real schmuck but there was nothing he could do since apparently there's some kind of monopoly in NYC when it comes to tow trucks (he called his own guy but highway patrol turned him back because it wasn't his territory). To make a long story short, the car ended up rolling off the flatbed while on the highway.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not monopoly. It is legalized mobster-ship.

jcpryce

Reaction score
Haha, thats pretty awesome. What did he expect would happen if he towed it with it wheels turned like that.

Ive seen them do it before though. :rolleyes:

The steering doesn't lock on Trailblazers so it may nothave of been that way to begin with, but he still should have of noticed it. But i've taken them like that many times until i can get to a point to where i can get into the car and fix the wheel strait.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the theft smarkham.

Marlon, they stole fabric? Who was it, a desperate crack head quilting champion who needed just 1 more piece to finish their bedspread.:p

I also drove tow truck a lifetime ago, and had some repo hauls in my day.
One guy came out of his house and sicked his German Shepard on me. Luckily I was just getting into the cab of my tow truck with a nice 5 lb maul within arms reach. The pooch was not harmed in the repo of this car.:D