Need a winch bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado Scott

Reaction score
Hi guys! I’m new to the board and I’m looking for a winch bumper for a 2004 Liberty. I have seen the ARB and Trail Ready but that’s all. Is there anything else out there? Thanks!

I already have the winch (I won it in a raffle \:D/ ) it's a Superwinch EP9.0.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know the ARB are good

they are made to withstand hitting very large kangaroos in AUS

( Hitting a roo can totally destroy your wheels )

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the ARB here. They are heavy, but awesome \:D/

jkl

Reaction score
my vote's for arb as well...

the lizard one is ~

www.rocklizardfabrications.com

only order this one if you have plenty of time to wait.
some guys have placed their order LAST Oct/Nov and still have not rcvd it
believe its still in "prototype" phase...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x3 on the ARB,love mine.I'm not familer with superwinches,does the EP9.0 have a intergrated solinionds? or seperate box for them? If they are intergrated the TrailReady and RockLizard(still in prototype form and you must use it in a reciever mount cradle) will be your only 2 choices.Detours is coming out with a winch/shackle mount for the KJ's,using the factory bumber(use must hack it up to put it on though).If you use the ARB switch to synthetic line to help deop the front end wieght,I did and mine does not sag the front springs at all(been on there for 1 1/2 now).
You must be registered for see images

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

x2 on that. If you dont plan on hitting deer or roo's, then thats the setup to get since it doesnt add a bunch of weight. Best thing Ive seen for the liberty. Only thing I dont like is the fact that youve got to cut up the plastic cover. I wont even cut the plastic in my fender wells for bigger tires, much less cut up the bumper. Im weird like that though. :D

Dont touch my window switches. :rolleyes:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rock Liz bumper is proto still because you need two bumpers to match both design front ends, already people are asking for options up front also. The rears are all the same and therefore closer to production, here the rear tire/fuel carriers that are options are being protoed the rear itself is ready I believe. The TJM has just hit the US also I believe, spencevan, I think has one.

Last edited:

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on that. If you dont plan on hitting deer or roo's, then thats the setup to get since it doesnt add a bunch of weight. Best thing Ive seen for the liberty. Only thing I dont like is the fact that youve got to cut up the plastic cover. I wont even cut the plastic in my fender wells for bigger tires, much less cut up the bumper. Im weird like that though. :D

Dont touch my window switches. :rolleyes:

I had to cut my front bumper cover to fit Reese FMR. Sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have to cut mine just to install Mopar tow-hooks. I'll be getting a Detours' Backbone system, instead. Lights are going on the roof rack, so that's not an issue for me.