Need a Shop to replace/upgrade suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsan

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited in Light Khaki that we purchased new on January 31st, 2005 (I remember the day well.)

We just crossed the 58,000 mile mark and the vehicle is now 6 years old. We love the Jeep, and hope to hang on to it for between 4 and 6 more years as a daily driver. This is my wife's vehicle.

Recently, the ride has deteriorated horribly, to the point that it's quite uncomfortable on even some normal roads. The suspension is just completely soft, and there is a lot of jiggle and rocking when bumps are hit/traveled over.

I'm looking for a shop in northeast Ohio to replace/upgrade our suspension. Can anyone recommend a good shop for this? I could take this to my local mechanic, but I have a feeling he would only be interested in replacing with standard stock parts as he is an older, pretty conservative guy. I'd like to really improve/upgrade the suspension, and possibly get a small lift, although I emphasize small.

We currently have the Goodyear TripleTred Forteras on the Jeep on the factory 17" chrome wheels. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPi...odClar=3.7L V6&partnum=365HR7FORTTT&tab=Sizes

I'd really appreciate any advice on suspension kits and if anyone has recommendations for a good shop. This just isn't something I'm going to do myself as I do not possess the patience, time, or skills at the moment.

Thanks much!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mudds Garage
Toledo

have done KJ lifts for people in 5 states
But I won't do cheap lifts
Only OME springs, and OME or Bilstein shocks
We'll have it done in three hours or so depending on how long they take for the alignment.
I use a local shop here and they've aligned everyone I've done so far
he even knows what " the red arms are" LOL

Gsan

Reaction score
Tom,

Thanks for the info. That sounds spot on. I'm not looking for a cheap lift. This Jeep has been our pride and joy for 6 years, and I'm looking for more than just an OEM replacement; I'm looking for quality. After reading the boards and the sticky, I was thinking Bilsteins and OMEs.

3 hours ish sounds great too. I'll have to figure the logistic of this out with the drive time CLE->Toledo. I'm self employed, and while you'd think that would give me flexibility, it usually makes my schedule worse, not better.

What are your hours, and what days of the week?
Do I need to order my own parts or can/will you handle that? I'm thinking about the 375lb lift but I'd be open to input from you.

since I'm around the 60K mark, it's also about time for me to svc both diffs and replace the plugs.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Fridays and weekends
I have a full time job so this is fill in work
but have done plenty of them
I'll PM you tomorrow with some details etc.

Latest posts

Members online