Need a little help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week and a half ago I rolled my trusty KJ , wasn't too bad and I didn't get hurt but the paint is screwed. I need some ideas for some paint schemes I was thinking old Army Jeep or somthing like that but my wife and daughter are puttin up a stink about that one so I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Dusty

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I've seen it, slick ride fer sure. Was jes lookin for a little input on this one. I think my wife will be suprised if it doesn't end up with flames ;)

Dusty

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
One more vote for TJKJ's. I have found myself at the point of no return thinking .. well I could just paint her orange if she rolls ... heh heh

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more orange KJ's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.Paint it the color you want.Don't be cheap since good paint job is not cheap and for gods sake do the door jams.If I did not work at a bodyshop at the time,did all the work myself,and got all the parts/paint for cost my paint job(just the orange alone) would of cost about $9000 alone,but I painted my KJ a very pricey tri-coat paint job so a basic color would run about $3000-$5000 to do a KJ the right way.I completely disassemblied my KJ also,basically if it could come off it came off,doors,hood,all the glass,swing gate,and fenders.The bedliner was already done except the roof.

Oh and if I ever get in a accident that requires a body panel to be repainted my KJ is getting totally bedlined,though the same color scheme,since I custom mixed my paint(based of a '01 Lamborghine color) and is unmatchable to may standards and my paint job is seperatly insured for $9000.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Just kidding.Paint it the color you want.Don't be cheap since good paint job is not cheap and for gods sake do the door jams.If I did not work at a bodyshop at the time,did all the work myself,and got all the parts/paint for cost my paint job(just the orange alone) would of cost about $9000 alone,but I painted my KJ a very pricey tri-coat paint job so a basic color would run about $3000-$5000 to do a KJ the right way.I completely disassemblied my KJ also,basically if it could come off it came off,doors,hood,all the glass,swing gate,and fenders.The bedliner was already done except the roof.

Oh and if I ever get in a accident that requires a body panel to be repainted my KJ is getting totally bedlined,though the same color scheme,since I custom mixed my paint(based of a '01 Lamborghine color) and is unmatchable to may standards and my paint job is seperatly insured for $9000.

You get what you pay for, thats for sure.
And yes, paint the door jams. When I sprayed that green thing you see in my avatar, everything got sprayed.
Now I'm toying with a two tone on our KJ to set it apart from all the other Liberties.

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marine digital camo....Im biased

ooohhh that gets the wheels turning. I was in the Air Force but if I paint it blue it'll look like my daughter-in-laws Renny. ya thnk it'll be a pain in the butt taping all those little itty squares?;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, camo with bedliner fenders and under the door trim on the sides. That would look cool.

Dave

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

if your even in that situation.. both PPG and Dupont have cameras that can read and code paint. they could just hit yours with the camera and get it. if that's not close enough if you send something like the gas cap to PPG they'll give you exactly what it is (had to do that for a 69 camaro ).. that and blend both adjacent panels and you'd never know :)

as far as schemes if i ever repaint mine it's going to be army OD (olive drab) with black accents. like this

You must be registered for see images attach

that would look AWESOME!

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order a camo wrap for your kj online. They have all different kinds to choose from. Thats how I got mine. Its not paint but a rather a decal.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your even in that situation.. both PPG and Dupont have cameras that can read and code paint. they could just hit yours with the camera and get it.
I know but they never get close,used them before plus I can spot the slightest variance and will not be happy and since my KJ's paint is separately insured the others insurance is kinda forced to pay for a whole paint job.I'm the pickiest person you will ever meet when it comes to work on my KJ that I do not do.I'm a tech's worst nightmare.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bedline it all! mine will end up all bedlined its just slowly getting more and more bedliner but for right now its just a two-tone and I like it!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
bedline it all! mine will end up all bedlined its just slowly getting more and more bedliner but for right now its just a two-tone and I like it!

jsc.....that looks good bedlined like you did it.

Dave

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thanks but I still need to finish it. I havent done the front and rear bumpers or the flares or the grille yet and I need to do another coat or two on the roof

crazy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really dig those wheels , what kind are they?

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks they are the Cragar V-5, I got them bc they were cheap and I dont know of anyone else running them, just to be different from the Soft 8s lol

WICKED KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you even know what the color for "army green" is? if not, then do not get it..........so saddddd