NAV RB1 owner.... a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed my new NAV unit.... it asked me to 'insert CD'... i did...
my question is "do you need to have the NAV CD in the drive for it to work?"
which then would render the CD useless to play music.... am i doing it right?

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it *****. if you have an ipod then buy an ipod interface cord and it will work while the NAV is on.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it *****. if you have an ipod then buy an ipod interface cord and it will work while the NAV is on.

dumb design.... we are one the same page... i ordered the ipod adapter yesterday....thanks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Designed by the same person that ensured the rear seats don't fold down completely !screwy.gif

grand

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to remove my stock radio and install an RB4 Navigation unit. I am not able to remove the antenna from the back of my stock radio and haven't been able to find anything as far as how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, thats why i bought a TomTom and a VSM (vehicle specific mount) from Pro-Fit to give me all my navigation needs. Plus i can take it in the house and update it via USB. How do you update that system pay for another cd??

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just completed the install... works pretty well. install was very, very easy... took about 15 minutes.