Napa or OEM?

Which ones are better?

• OEM

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • NAPA

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to change pads and rotors all around. Really soon..
Which of the 2 would you recommend?
Napa or OEM?

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAPA has worked well for me for other vehicles. Especially NAPA online. My KJ hasn't needed much yet but brake job is coming up.

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price them both and go look at them. They both have a premium set and a cheap set.

If you do your own work I suggest the best pads and the cheap rotors. If you have to pay for the work, get the best all the way around so you won't have to do it so often.

I've oem pads on a new car last 100,000kms and aftermarket ones last half that long.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2X UP 880134 Rotor - Rear - Ultra Premium $52.99
2X UP 880036 Rotor - Front - Ultra Premium $59.49
1X UP UP7863X Brake Pads - Rear, Ultra Premium - OE Ceramic $81.49
1X UP UP7732AX Brake Pads - Front, Ultra Premium Ceramic $76.49

That would be a grand total $382.94

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got some cheap rotors from autozone after my oem's warped ******* me. So far these rotors have been awesome, ive put maybe 33k on them and they look great. i cant remember if i changed the pads or not. I never get the premium or the crappy. crappy is usually a metalic pad that leaves dust every where and can sound terrible at times, but they bite good and stop you hard. the premiums are usaully ceramic pads. these are nice because they are quiet and dont leave a mess, but they dot bite as well so thre fore wont stop as well. I usually get the semi mettalic. dosnt leave much of a mess and bites pretty good. my 2cents

theholybull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id recommend life time pads from zone and what ever rotors are the cheapest. The zone disks on my KJ are at 40k and are still in great shape and my pads are close to whipped, but ill never have to but another set of pads again so it really doesnt matter. If you plan on keeping the Jeep get the life time pads.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a buddy who gets a discount at NAPA and got me a set of rear pads and rotors for $75.. They were the middle of the line pads and so far so good :)

Nooby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on Wagner thermo-quite ceramics and Wagner rotors from advanced auto today, so I don't know how well they will do, but the install was very easy, (hardest part was breaking loose the caliper bridge bolts, my half inch wrench just wasn't cutting it, had to go and buy a 1/2", 15" long breaker bar, then it turned with out much effort, and besides, it was a good excuse to buy more tools