My Scangauge II just arrived...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...three years I've been waiting to buy this thing. Three years of looking at the web page. Three years teaches a man to hate...

Oh but seriously, my scangauge just came in and I'm completely stoked. Now I've got gauges for so many things that I have no idea what they mean. I drove to work today marveling at my Manifold Absolute Pressure. It got up to 13... I was very excited, even though I really don't understand it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one and think it is pretty good. There is so many gauges on it that it will take a little while to get used to it. The best thing about it is you can change the gauge with a push of the button and switch it to another vehicle in a minute if you want.

Have fun with it jnaut.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had the thing for over 2 years and I cant stand getting in a vehicle that doesnt have one.

I found a new feature the other day that I didnt even know it had. When in the trip info, I pressed the bottom left button and it brought up another little menu. You can see how much gas youve used, cost, max engine temp, max rpms and some other stuff for the day, current, and previous day. Thought that was pretty neat.

Only thing its missing is oil pressure and ****** temp.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to cost: $155 from Amazon (not inc. tax). Free shipping but 9.5% sales tax... ouch.

Thing is awesome. I was toying with the idea of getting gauges for the KJ but this *almost* eliminates the need. I say almost, because it has no ****** temp which I would dearly love.

But it is fascinating to see some of the other stuff that the Libby either provides no data on, or relies on idiot lights (or idiot gauges such as coolant temp).

Next project: a totally boss mounting option.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to get one of these as well they look pretty cool and have alot of good information. i'll have to keep an eye on it on amazon.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had one for a couple of years now. I like that I now have an actual temperature for my engine coolant not a simple idiot gauge (the one on the dash is not very responsive or informative). But I'd like to be able to see my transmission temperature. Does yours display it? Maybe I need a software upgrade.

One thing I find puzzling is that my Scangauge mph value matches my GPS mph but not the dash speedometer :confused: Do you have the same puzzle?

Regarding the engine codes, I find that my Scangauge doesn't reset all codes just some of them.