My left headlight needs tough lovin'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smarkham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left front headlight does not turn on--until I pound it with my fist. Then it does. No problems with the right hand side one..it goes on as soon I turn it on. This problem is happening more and more frequently

Has anyone had this happen to them?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2..

Sounds like a bad bulb. I had a fog light like that on the Minivan we had, you would kick the bumber next to the light and it would come on, it might work a couple days, it might work a matter of minutes until you hit a bump in the road, and then back out...

I would buy a new bulb and clean the connector when replacing and that should fix it.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RF turn signal did that then finally went out all together. I took off the lens and found the bulb (the bulb contacts, themselves not the socket) contacts rusty. A little WD40, and steel wool took care of it.

I expected the worst, but found it a simple easy fix.

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY 2 other cars did that to me both .... and yes i pounded them more then 10 times each :p .... Just be ready to change a bulb ... dont need connection or anything ... that's assuming your not going to pound it with a baseball bat once your little trick stop working ;)