My first scratch on my '06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and dents
and ripped off fog light
and bent hood---sheesh

I had a Jeep-seeking ballistic deer missile attack me last Saturday night. It could have been 100 times worse but the $1800 worth of damage was plenty enough for me...

You must be registered for see images attach

State Farm is picking up the tab and all of the repairs are guaranteed for as long as I own the jeep through the Jeep dealer. I am hopeful that it will be "just like new" when I get it back in a few days.

At least I got the dreaded "first dent" out of the way

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless KJ's are pretty damn tough IMO.

Pretty damn tough indeed!

We SMASHED the deer at 50-ish mph and had very little damage!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I got out and everything was mostly intact. KJs are built like fricken tanks!!

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a flesh wound!

Did you salvage some venison as payback?

No venison this time. It was around midnight and I had a freaked out wife and kid with me so I made a bee-line for home. My friend traveled the same road monday morning to go to work and saw no trace of bambi or my M.I.A. foglight.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing none of you were hurt.

Too many deer around here also. I've hit 2 over the years and was very lucky both times with only very minor damage. We have some moose up here too. The road crews have been putting up warning signs on certain roads in the mountains. I wouldn't want to hit one of them.

Dave

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing none of you were hurt.

Too many deer around here also. I've hit 2 over the years and was very lucky both times with only very minor damage. We have some moose up here too. The road crews have been putting up warning signs on certain roads in the mountains. I wouldn't want to hit one of them.

Dave

My sister lives in Maine and always emails pictures of moose in her yard or on her street, they make our whitetails look dog-sized. If you hit one of those at highway speed they will probably withhold your name until your next of kin is notified.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should of made sure it was dead. I would be very PO'ed and run the sucker over again if it wasnt(plus its probably in pain). Even if it was dead, I would probably do it anyway.

Well, probably not if I had the wife and kids in(ha, I sound like I have a wife and kids)..

Glad everyone was aight.. :)

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you tossing any of the front end parts? I'm interested in converting mine to a renegade front...