4th Jeep but first Liberty KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brent Anderson

Reaction score
Transplanted Texan living in SoCal seeks fellow Jeep addicts for cultural and information exchange :)

Welp, just bought my first KK: a white 2012 Sport Latitude with 89K, 4WD, tow package, sunroof, leather, and heated seats to keep my rear happy. I've had 3 Wranglers before (two TJ's and a JK), but this is my first Liberty.

LOVE this JEEP!

So far (first 48 hours), I've only had to replace the battery, a drivers side seat belt trim piece, and the circular mount for the 12v lighter outlet...and I added a K&N air filter for good measure. It also needs one of the rear window defogger wires reattached, and the mount for the trailer wiring is slightly bent ("WHAT backup camera, who needs THOSE???").

Overall though, really feel like I lucked out, since whoever owned it before must have just driven back and forth to the grocery store - inside and out looks like it just came off the showroom floor, and it rides and handles like new.

Next up is a complete audio overhaul, along with potentially adding a Viper security system with remote start and window controls. And a second key/fob (since mine only came with one).

Let the gameeeeeees begin!!

Peace, Love and Happiness to All,

BA

View media item 6531View media item 6532View media item 6530

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, amazingly clean exterior and the leather interior does look like new, a beauty find you have there with only 89k !
Let your planned Jeep mods begin..!! Ya tunes are important too, OEM stereo's not the best LOL.
My defogger wire got caught by removing something out the gate and it needed repair.
Is your's just the connector or needs connecting back onto the glass? I found an auto glass shop that knew how to repair it properly, for a reasonable price.

Brent Anderson

Reaction score
Yeah, the connector needs to be reattached to the glass - I'll upload a pic as soon as I get a chance. Other than that (and the other stuff I mentioned) I'm pretty amazed at just how clean this puppy is. And thanks for the heads up, I never thought to go check out a glass place!

Looking forward to tearing down the dash and the interior to do a proper audio install (probably going to go the extra mile with some Dynamat for sound deadening). Then eventually will start looking at wheels/tires, a lift possibly and some lights/rack options.

Like I said, I've owned a few Wranglers, and I didn't realize just how similar of a feel the Liberty gives on the road. Or maybe it's just been too long since I've Jeeped it up, lol. All in all, I'm really enjoying driving it!

Thanks for the warm welcome, really glad to join the forum!

Brent Anderson

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Liberty! I'll check around to see what's available.

On a separate note, after about 48 hours of ownership we've already managed to get backed into by our neighbor. My wife was pulling out of our parking spot and one of the folks who park across from us backed into her while she was pulling out.

Only cracked and scraped up the rear bumper cover, but the local Jeep dealership says it's about a $650 part (unpainted)...ouch.

Thinking about going with an aftermarket bumper at some point, but not sure what's out there. I know there's tons for the Wranglers...any suggestions?

Thanks!

B

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Will know what steel rear bumpers are still available.
There are also less expensive, various hitch mounted bumpers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Was the contact in the center or on the side ?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
AtTheHelm of athfab.com used to make a steel rear bumper for the KK. Now I think he’s only advertising the front steel bumper. Give him a shout and see if he would still be able to make one for you.

Other than ATH, I don’t know of anyone currently making KK bumpers. There may be a few of Rock Lizard’s out there but they’d be pretty rare to come up for sale.

Brent Anderson

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys, really appreciate the advice!

The damage was on the left side of the bumper, as you can see in the pic. If it had only been scraped up then it would just be a matter of pulling it and repainting, but it got cracked pretty good.

Might still be repairable, but just considering my options. It doesn't affect driving of course, but nobody likes walking around with spilled coffee stains on the back of their jeans if you know what I mean :)

I'll check out ATH and see what he's got. Probably won't want to go with a hitch mounted option though, so if nothing else I'll just see if I can't find a used part and get it painted to match.

Thanks again!

Brent
You must be registered for see images attach