My 2006 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are my hero.

Hah thanks, and if I wasn't so young and still in school, I would actually have the money I need to make this thing how I want it!
And the brush guard will be taken off sooner or later when I actually get around to making a nice steel bumper with a stinger :D

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah thanks, and if I wasn't so young and still in school, I would actually have the money I need to make this thing how I want it!
And the brush guard will be taken off sooner or later when I actually get around to making a nice steel bumper with a stinger :D

haha nice! But when your ready to sell it please tell me!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update, got the CV joint done and front driveshaft back in, rear diff started leaking so the pinion seal was replaced.
Trailer hitch wiring was installed.
2 more lights up on the roof rack were installed.
Also got a fire extinguisher that came mounted in my dads truck that he didn't want, but its a little big so I'm debating on keeping it mounted in the back..
Lastly I may be getting a Skid Row front skid to finish out my skids.
Pics coming soon!
I'm debating on if I should bedline the brush guard bumpers and fender flares?

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bedliner sure picks up dust, doesn't look so good when you live up a dirt road, and your rig stays parked for 4 days at a time in a dirt lot that semis drive through. I'd go insane trying to keep my rear bumper looking black (it was the spray can bedliner, rougher texture than some). Looks sweet when it's clean, but looks a greyish tannish black most of the time. I went with a black spray paint designed for moleculer cohesion to plastic for all the rest of my plastic. it's been rubbed by a few branches and still looks good. looks blacker than my rear bumper.
You must be registered for see images

Alley

Reaction score
I'm restoring an old thread from the graveyard and for that I am sorry. My searches keep of the internets keep leading me back to this however, I've been looking for crossbars for the Jeep for forever and its not been a simple process. I wanted to know if anyone has this homemade version how it has held up to the weather and what not?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made 3 different sets of bars and have had no problems.
Different wants led me to change. But never had problems, hauling 2 kayaks.

Alley

Reaction score
I've made 3 different sets of bars and have had no problems.
Different wants led me to change. But never had problems, hauling 2 kayaks.

Thank you, I appreciate the input. That is my plan to haul a few kayaks .... I just picked up two new ones. The thought of paying the prices i've seen for other bars makes me nauseous.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little update:
Added a double din Pioneer.
Modified the dash trim to fit, just a real quick bondo job and a little paint. Could of been a lot nicer, but hey, its a Jeep not a show car. I did measure off about 1/32" so when pressing it in the upper right corner hit the stereo and cracked the bondo, so eventually it will get fixed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also added a set of leather heated power seats. I still need to get power and heat working, since I only have 2 wires (for the seatbelt) coming from the factory harness not the 4 that most people have..
Anyone know where I can get a replacement OEM seat cover? The set of seats I got was real cheap because the drivers side lower portion is in horrible shape.