mx3_ryder's '02 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a GoPro, would be really neat to see a timelapse of the install!

It would be neat, but reality is I just don't have the time. Between working 60 hours a week and parenting my 2 year old and expecting another this June doesn't leave much time for messing around. Sorry!!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to have to decide between the two hobbies or your Jeep will never get finished!!:gr_grin:

Last edited:

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to have to decide between the two hobbies or you Jeep will never get finished!!:gr_grin:

No worries... Nothing comes before my family and my Jeep will still get the fine attention it deserves.
On a side note, I fabbed up an egr block off plate after work.
Just traced out the egr gasket on a 1/8" pc. of stainless stock, cut it on the milling machine and installed the holes.

You must be registered for see images attach

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up new connecting rod bolts today. Bolts are torque to yield and are are not to be reused. Thanks TwoBobs!!

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection, looks like an EGR block off plate isn't really necessary accept for looks and finishing things off. Exhaust gases go from exhaust manifolds straight thru its own port in the cylinder head to EGR (atleast on the 2012's). I'm using my original 2002 exhaust manifolds that don't have the port for EGR so that end is taken care of.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting on some new reluctor/tone ring bolts from our local Chrysler dealer and will be reassembling this weekend.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up new reluctor ring bolts today from the dealer and new felpro oil pan and timing cover gaskets from NAPA. Also picked up an angle gauge for my torque wrench last weekend. Ready to get some wrench time in this weekend!!

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking forward to the transplant procedure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank is back in!!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to thank you for this thread. I don't think I've ever seen such a breakdown of our engine...so now I understand a bit more how it works :) So thank you (don't make fun of me everyone! I have minimal engine experience.)

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait hold on a second. Is that oil pan's drain plug pointing sideways instead of straight (what would be towards the rear of the vehicle)??

Good eye!! Yes, indeed it is on the side. The pan is from a Dodge Dakota I got with a set of heads and misc. parts from a guy. My original oil pan had some rust and the pan that came on my new engine had some damage. After taking some quick measuring it seems the drain plug clears just fine and will be no problem accessing.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good eye!! Yes, indeed it is on the side. The pan is from a Dodge Dakota I got with a set of heads and misc. parts from a guy. My original oil pan had some rust and the pan that came on my new engine had some damage. After taking some quick measuring it seems the drain plug clears just fine and will be no problem accessing.

Hey as long as it works :) I was a little concerned that something would be off.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey as long as it works :) I was a little concerned that something would be off.

Saved me $75.00!! The Dakota pan works on my '02 Liberty because it doesn't have a cross member in the way like some, so really will make oil changes easier. WIN WIN