Multi-Speed A/C Fan Works Only At Full Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
Over the weekend, our 2006 Liberty multi-speed fan control stopped working. The fan blows air only at maximum speed. I assume there is a module that provides the other speeds, and it has failed. Any tips on where the part is located and a good place to purchase a replacement?

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blower motor resistor block. Located behind the glove box. It's about $15 at your local auto store. Takes 20 minutes to swap out. I replaced one on my wifes 02 KJ last summer.

TnRebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend, our 2006 Liberty multi-speed fan control stopped working. The fan blows air only at maximum speed. I assume there is a module that provides the other speeds, and it has failed. Any tips on where the part is located and a good place to purchase a replacement?

Mine was replaced under a recall early 07

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
OP here,

Thanks all for the tip. I did buy a new unit from my local Jeep dealer for $20 and change because my local Auto Zone wanted $25.

I installed it this evening and all is well.

Thanks Again!

PS: When we bought our 2006 Liberty 1.5 years ago, there were no outstanding recalls, and no notifications since.