Blower Fan Intermittent the Stopped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perspective

Reaction score
Recently, when I would start my 2006 Jeep Liberty, the A/C blower fan would not work. After a few minutes, I could move the speed switch and it would start working. Another time I had to change the modes before it would start working. I decided to change the resistor and haven't been able to get it to work. I checked the 40 amp fuse and relay and no issues. I know the modes switch works because I can hear it and temp works fine.

When the fan was working it sounded fine. Does this sound like the control module, fan speed switch? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you!

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to say blower motor. Have you tried checking continuity to the motor when its been both working and not working? Reason Im saying blower motor, same thing was happening to my in the Ford Ranger from work. I checked over everything, even swapped out the resistor, since its cheap and easy to do it. Replaced the blower motor and has worked ever since with no issues.

Perspective

Reaction score
Im going to say blower motor. Have you tried checking continuity to the motor when its been both working and not working? Reason Im saying blower motor, same thing was happening to my in the Ford Ranger from work. I checked over everything, even swapped out the resistor, since its cheap and easy to do it. Replaced the blower motor and has worked ever since with no issues.
Thanks, I will check that out today.

Perspective

Reaction score
You nailed it. I had continuity at the resistor, voltage at the fan flug. Then I pulled the fan and manually tried to run it off the battery and it worked. I plugged it back into the plug while holding it and it ran only when holding it with the fan down but when I turned it over like it would be installed it stopped. Strange but thank you for pointing me in the right direction.