Mounting points for Engine Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastcarsspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the engine/trans/transfer case out on the k member. But I am looking for the best places to hook my chain to pull the engine off. Intake Manifold is plastic and not seeing very good spots to grab from.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't recall off hand, but did you check the service manuals available online to see where it is recommended to lift it out?

Index of /pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals

EDIT* Just checked the manual for my '03, you remove the intake manifold and bolt an engine lift plate to the engine, lift from there. It's Engine Lift Plate Fixture number 8427.

I googled searched for that tool part number, got some random hits. Looks like lots of generic lift plates that may work... some claiming to be the actual Chrysler tool, at a ridiculous price... might be best to weld up your own.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did this a few days ago on my 02. The intake bolt locations scared me so I hooked up to two of the valve cover bolt locations that seemed to have a good bit of meat to them. Use grade 10.9 bolts and quite a few big washers. No problem at all and lifted it way up and out. See pic below.

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 44

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this a few days ago on my 02. The intake bolt locations scared me so I hooked up to two of the valve cover bolt locations that seemed to have a good bit of meat to them. Use grade 10.9 bolts and quite a few big washers. No problem at all and lifted it way up and out. See pic below.

In a pinch, that's probably how I'd do it too.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lift plate is unique to the 3,7, not going to be at the auto parts store.

I'd look at how Itd02 does it.

Some wrap it to the exhaust which can crack the valve covers under tension.

Some have lifted from the where knock sensors bolt , which I don't think are near enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro