More Tire help...please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, another tire help post...sorry guys...

After 10 years with my KJ, I'm upgrading to an 2011 KK. With the great deals going on stock is limited on the 11's and the KK I chose has 18's on it. Specifically, these:

18" x 7.0" Chrome-Clad Echelon
Aluminum Wheels
P235/60R18 BSW All Season Tires

Looks like my choices are fairly limited to get something other than performance truck, crossover or all season type of tires. I've loved my General Grabber AT2's on my KJ, wish I could get those on these 18's.

Are there any suggestions for something more aggressive, perhaps with other sizes that will work on these rims?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell the bling bling rims and get 16's? Then get any tire in any size you want. Not much help huh? :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am with tofu. You can get anything in 16's.

Dave

staggerlee41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL bling bling rims. I never envisioned myself as a bling bling guy, but yeah they do ad some bling I suppose. ***** to have had limited selection, but I got a great deal on the new vechile with the incentives. I wanted a Silver Limited and the only one my dealer could get with a sun roof (wanted that over the sky slyer) had these monsterous rims. Guess I limited myself. From what can I see the sports have 16's on the 2011's and 17's or 18's or 20's come on Limited and even the Renegade has 18's. The REAL blingy ones are on the Jet version. 20's...really? On a Jeep?

Thanks guys. Pretty much what I was afraid of, and on the contrary. Maybe not what I necessarily wanted to hear, but none the less helpful. Are there any issues with going down in rim size to a 16 from the 18's?Anything that I need to be aware of? Also, given that I'm not going to lift this, what would be the largest size tire I should go with if I were to downsize the rims and ditch the bling bling? I'll probably roll with these for a while given that I'm dropping some coin on the vechile, maybe plan on getting something different as these tires wear down. My apologies for the newbie questions guys, I am not up to speed with wheels, rims, tires, etc as you can likely tell :)

Any other suggestions are most appreciated.

Last edited: