More EVIC Problems. HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man for all you out there with 05+'s upgrading to an OTIS or EVIC is a BIG TIME FREAKING PITA.:mad::mad::mad::mad: I should have just got a damn aftermarket mirror with compass and temp. THIS F$%&*(G OTIS install has cost 10 times the mirror in grief alone!!!:(:(:(:(

Here is my new problem, I got a BRAND NEW 2006 Dodge ram OTIS off E-Bay. I don't have a pigtail so I got floppy disc power connector, but here's the freaking catch, my OTIS module has 6, yes 6 pins. How the hell do I wire this thing???:confused: Not a single post/site anywhere on the web that shows how to wire a 6 pin OTIS. HELP!!!

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, piss on the POS, OTIS, EVIC, upgrade on my 2007 KJ.(blarg)(blarg)(blarg)(blarg) I mean WTF!! Nothing I have is as described on this or any fourm ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,) I'm sellin the stuff I have and getting GENTEX mirror.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Now now don't get so angry. :p

How about some pics? Chrysler changed the EVICs when they switched the BUS systems, and the '06 Ram's EVIC wouldn't have been compatible anyway.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about some pics? Chrysler changed the EVICs when they switched the BUS systems said:
This is the exact **** that has me steemin mad:mad: I specifically asked on this forum if that 06 Ram OTIS would work and I had 4 YES replies. I get it and now I find out it won't work.chairshot.gifchairshot.gifchairshot.gif F*&% IT The GENTEX Mirror will work just fine with no b&*&%$it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta be read everything carefully on the internet and make sure its not opinions and guesses flying around.

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the exact **** that has me steemin mad:mad: I specifically asked on this forum if that 06 Ram OTIS would work and I had 4 YES replies. I get it and now I find out it won't work.chairshot.gifchairshot.gifchairshot.gif F*&% IT The GENTEX Mirror will work just fine with no b&*&%$it.

Ummm, if you're talking HERE, then I don't see where ANYONE told you it would work. People asked for the P/N, which you didn't have. People told you a 2005 OTIS worked just fine on their 2004 and 2003 KJ's. You have a 2007. You made the ASSumption that the 2006 would work.

If you'd read the EVIC how-to carefully, you'd see that changes were made in 2005. I am currently running a 2003 EVIC just fine in my 2007 - no temp, that's all.

Hey, I understand your frustration, I just think the statement you made is a little out of line as the blame falls on you for misinterpreting the posts.

And hey, , a 2003 EVIC WILL WORK in a 2007.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, like atrus said, it looks to me like the years were getting confused.

Forus said the otis from an 06 will read the temperature since it works on his 04 but said nothing about working or not working on a 07 liberty.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that he/she has a 2003 EVIC for sale along with the OTIS. I'd ditch the OTIS and put in the EVIC. I'll tell you that yes, a 2003 EVIC will work in your 2007. Not sure on the number of pins - I got the harness with mine. All in all, I think it took me about 1.5 hours to install.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm, if you're talking HERE, then I don't see where ANYONE told you it would work. People asked for the P/N, which you didn't have. People told you a 2005 OTIS worked just fine on their 2004 and 2003 KJ's. You have a 2007. You made the ASSumption that the 2006 would work.

I asked a VERY SPECIFIC QUESTION,"WILL A 2006 DODGE RAM OTIS WORK AND DISPLAY TEMP IN MY 2007 LIBERTY". I had two replies from a guy in Australia that SAID YES. I DID NOT ASSUME A FREAKING THING. Someone mis-read the question and replied incorrectly.

All right plan "B" I found a 2006 Dodge Ram EVIC, will it work in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? It looks VERY similar to the Jeep unit
yes it will

the otis from the 05 ram worked in my 04 and now its working in my mates 05 giving ambient temp

Don't matter I'm selling the ones I have and putting in a GENTEX, It's on it's way. The only functions I really like on the OH console are the TEMP and COMPASS, anyway, the 2003 EVIC I have will NOT display Temp in my 2007 Liberty.

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A) No, as I stated the temp will not work, you're correct there.
B) Stop blaming other people. You sure are making a great name for yourself here. People on this forum get along great and have no arguements, for you to come in and accuse is a load of crap. Let's recap:

"guy from Australia" (fouros): i used an otis from an 05 RAM before i got my evic you have to change the housing to make it fit and order a retainer to clip into
You: Will the otis from an 05 or newer Ram, read the ambient temp correctly? that's what I really need to know. Has anyone here tried it yet? If found a couple Ram otis's from 05 on.
Fouros: yes it will. the otis from the 05 ram worked in my 04 and now its working in my mates 05 giving ambient temp
Corwyyn: For the install the info should work. I used it to install an '05 OTIS in my '03 KJ and all the wires were the same. If in doubt I'm sure we can figure out which is which for you.

Look, I could have easily made the same mistake that you did. I see that you asked '05 and up, and fouros told you "yes, '05 works...". NOWHERE DID ANYONE SAY 2006 WORKS. So, stop blaming other people. As I said, I could have made the same mistake. The difference is I wouldn't come on a forum as a new member of a community and start pointing fingers for MY mistake.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My teacher use to ask me this in the 1st grade. "If someone tells you to jump off a bridge will you?"

Gotta do research yourself and make sure all the info is correct. He!!, I dont believe half of the things my teachers tell me in my college classes... Mostly b/c they do not have any real world experience.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My teacher use to ask me this in the 1st grade. "If someone tells you to jump off a bridge will you?"

Gotta do research yourself and make sure all the info is correct. He!!, I dont believe half of the things my teachers tell me in my college classes... Mostly b/c they do not have any real world experience.

An excellent observation, one I have noticed myself. Fortunately I chose a major where the vast majority of professors had real world expierence and focused on teaching us critical thinking, rather than the memorization and regurgitation of facts.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sandys07kjQuote:
Originally Posted by Atrus

I asked a VERY SPECIFIC QUESTION,"WILL A 2006 DODGE RAM OTIS WORK AND DISPLAY TEMP IN MY 2007 LIBERTY". I had two replies from a guy in Australia that SAID YES. I DID NOT ASSUME A FREAKING THING. Someone mis-read the question and replied incorrectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys07kj
All right plan "B" I found a 2006 Dodge Ram EVIC, will it work in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? It looks VERY similar to the Jeep unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouros
yes it will

the otis from the 05 ram worked in my 04 and now its working in my mates 05 giving ambient temp

Don't matter I'm selling the ones I have and putting in a GENTEX, It's on it's way. The only functions I really like on the OH console are the TEMP and COMPASS, anyway, the 2003 EVIC I have will NOT display Temp in my 2007 Liberty.
The '07 KJ is a very differnent from any other KJ due to all the electric gizmo's added.Nowhere was it stated that anything would work on a '07,only a '05,'04,and '03,nothing about a '07.You just need to calm down and stop pointing fingers,remember when you point fingers there are 3 pointing back at you so the pointer is almost always the one that got it wrong in the first place and can't fess up and take it like a man.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gone on long enough. Everything thats needs to be said has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.