Moral Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I've got a major problem. On one hand, I earned a nice chunk of money this week and will earn a decent amount this week as I have the week off from school so get to work full time. I'm planning on automatically saving a portion of it just becuase of the principle. However, I'm having an issue. The skid plates (and hellas, and roof rack, and ARB...) all look cool, but I would also like a truck someday (it wont be a few years at least though). Should I go spending the money on the mods or no? I think I just answered my question with the at least a few years though. I'm gonna go check out jparts.com now. lol.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why mod out the LIBBY if you really want a truck? IMO you should enjoy it with minimal extras until you can afford what you really want. On the other hand, with the accessories you're planning you may forget about a truck anyway! \:D/

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Liberty too and consider myself very blessed to have it, thats my problem. If I could have my way, I'd have the Liberty, a JK, and a truck. Plus, all the trucks I like are probably more than any young person should be spending on a vehicle to avoid hiding from the repo man. Oh, and jeepjeepster, the ARB is more on my wish list, than my coming soon list. I'm still working on just getting my armor. lol.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want an ARB Bar hold off for a little while my 04 KJ will be going to TJM in australia for them to make a full steel replacement bumper and the beauty of it is the TJM Bull Bar will be half the weight of the ARB and it will be Winch compatible just so you can spend more money on your KJ

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros said:
if you want an ARB Bar hold off for a little while my 04 KJ will be going to TJM in australia for them to make a full steel replacement bumper and the beauty of it is the TJM Bull Bar will be half the weight of the ARB and it will be Winch compatible just so you can spend more money on your KJ

Wow. I didnt realize that the TJM was going to be winch comptabible too. So, its smaller, has actual recovery points, and is winch compatible?

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup lighter , but strong where you need it, winch compatible, have recovery points , Airbag compatible ( it must be to pass Australian Design regulations)

here is a photo of the 05 - 06 Bumper

You must be registered for see images

the T16 that is on my KJ is this

and here is the same bar on an 06 limited

i am sure stu wont mind me posting a pick of his rig (whistle)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Im a little confused now. The first pic looks like an ARB style which completely replaces the front bumper, while the second two have a push bar design to them. Is TJM coming out with a full line of products?

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Ok. Im a little confused now. The first pic looks like an ARB style which completely replaces the front bumper, while the second two have a push bar design to them. Is TJM coming out with a full line of products?

you are correct TJM is coming out with a full line of products , the first one IS a full replacement bumper that IS about HALF the weight of the ARB Bull Bar My 04 KJ will be going to the TJM R&D Dept in november for the replacement bumper to suit our ealy model KJ's to compete against the ARB

the alloy grille guard and 05-06 replacement bumper is available now

in fact they were at SEMA this year

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, any idea how those are going to be priced compared to the ARB?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.