MOPAR Subwoofer install instructions/advice needed!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superspeckman

Reaction score
I need the install instructions shipped with the MOPAR subwoofer. Specifically ones that might of shipped recently. I've seen the ones posted here kjinfo.741.com/subwoofer.pdf and the diagrams show a 2002 KJ.

I recently acquired a subwoofer without the included wiring harness. When I called the dealer they told me that the 04's were pre-wired and the wiring was under the seat. (At least that is the story the parts counter lady told me because "It doesn't show it coming with a harness in the MOPAR catalog so it must not require it"). I showed them the instructions but was told that was an 02 shown and it's different now. I'd like to have a new set of the install instructions that show otherwise.

Any help on the instructions or advice from someone who has installed one in their 04 is greatly appreciated.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one in my 05 Limited in December and those are the same instructions that came with mine...

the wiring harness came with it and is *required* for the install as there is no exisitng wiring for this sub. This harness patches you into power and the stereo without the need to splice wires.

You need to go to a different dealer because this one is full of crap...:^o

now the real question is if they can even get that harness as a seperate item. They may have no listing for it since it is part of that "aftermarket" mopar setup.

superspeckman

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. One other quick question. The "adapter wedge" that it calls for on the MOPAR website. I have that as well and where does iot go? Its the little blue plastic piece that seems to go in to one of the wiring harness slots.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was already on mine...at least they were exactley the same!

Here are the "install" instructions for the "wedge"...

You must be registered for see images

gawilliams

Reaction score
Install question

I posted this under another thread, but thoguht I'd ask here too -- HOW did you get the radio back in after installing the subwoofer harness? I pushed and shoved and pulled and cursed for 15 minutes today, but could not get the radio anywhere close to fitting back in. I took the sub harness off, and it went right back in with no problem. :(

BTW, as to the harness itself, the parts bag it came in has this number on it -- maybe you can just buy this part: SP-PA237A

gawilliams

Reaction score
As a follow-up to my MOPAR sub installation:
I bought the Mopar subwoofer kit, which goes under the drivers seat, but have had a problem with the left front speaker audio. I installed it myself, and thought that I'd done something wrong becuase there was no left front speaker audio. I took it to the dealer, they verified everything, and still no audio. They got a replacement cable, installed it, still no audio. They then contacted Chrysler tech support, who acknowledged that this was a known problem, and have had my Liberty for TEN DAYS waiting for an answer. They were kind enough to give me a '98 Plymouth Breeze with only 108,000 and tires with the belts showing... but with snow coming tongiht, I called and told them I was coming to get my jeep today.

They still don't have an answer -- I have an '05 Limited with Sirius and the RBQ 6 disc changer and Infinity speaker setup. I'm guessing the problem is that the subwoofer harness, which is installed between the radio and the original wiring harness, doesn't pass the power along to the speaker to run the in-speaker amp. With it plugged in, the sub works, but no front speaker. When the sub harness is unplugged, everything works (except the sub, of course).

Being a Mopar "plug and play" kit, I was hoping for better. I'll let you know if they ever resolve the problem... in the mean time, be forewarend! :)

psujeeperman02

Reaction score
I have had the mopar sub installed for almost a year now. I am looking into getting a new head unit for my liberty. Want to hook my ipod and sirius satellite up to my liberty, and the factory radio doesnt have the connections.
so, can i still use my mopar woofer that i spent $200 on with a new after-market radio?