MIS Fire cyl #3 P0301

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeeter1433

Reaction score
Having an issue with my 2002 3.7. Started out the other day with the CEL flashing and pulling out of street engine was missing real bad . Came back shut it off for an hour and tried again and it ran fine but the CEL is on (not flashing) but still shows p0301. any suggestions?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would just delete the code and see if it (MIL & code) comes back. (and keep my fingers crossed....) See what happens.

Dave

AlexGeorgiou

Reaction score
Check your spark plugs. If they appear yellowish at the bottom they need to be replaced. It's a good idea to replace the wires as well.

rainjer

Reaction score
I fought this problem for over a year. I tried everything including a visit to the dealer with no luck. It ended up being a battery problem. It battery was not putting out enough power for the computer on start-up and would cause it to misfire. One day I my battery finally died and I replace it and it went away.

Jeremy

Boomerang

Reaction score
A few months ago i got a random misfire code. Seemed fine to me, cleared it and put it new plugs later. Got another random misfire, examined th eplugs, a couple were fouled. replaced. A week later thre out a Misfire on #3 code.
Took it to a repair shop, theres an old service bulleting for cylinder 3 producing excess carbon and then the vavles stop operating properly. Jeep was running rough at this point when at idle and warm.
Tech says 3 codes, random misfire, #3 and # (2 or 4, can't remember) misfiring. They say the valves on multiple cylinders are not working and need to do a tear down and rebuild. total cost is about $3000. This Liberty (3.7) has 47k miles on it.

Latest posts

Members online