2010 Jeep Liberty Engine swap with 07 Dakota 3.7 now rough idle and codes P0300 P0301

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyMolina

Reaction score
Hey everybody, the engine on my 2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7 seized, so I bought a used one from a 2007 Dodge Dakota 3.7 and installed it. The problem I have is that the my liberty originally has only 3 ignition coils and 3 wires that jumó to the other 3 spark plugs and the Camshaft Position Sensor Connector from the 07 Dakota is different that the connector on my 2010 Jeep Liberty. Based off of the wiring schematics of my 2010 Liberty, cut the original connector off and adapted the conector that fits the Camshaft Position Sensor that came with the 07 Dakota engine. After my liberty turned on but is giving me code P0300 and P0301 with a very rough rough idle. It also seems to be stuck in limp mode. Is there any information that I might be missing that could be of help?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, the engine on my 2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7 seized, so I bought a used one from a 2007 Dodge Dakota 3.7 and installed it. The problem I have is that the my liberty originally has only 3 ignition coils and 3 wires that jumó to the other 3 spark plugs and the Camshaft Position Sensor Connector from the 07 Dakota is different that the connector on my 2010 Jeep Liberty. Based off of the wiring schematics of my 2010 Liberty, cut the original connector off and adapted the conector that fits the Camshaft Position Sensor that came with the 07 Dakota engine. After my liberty turned on but is giving me code P0300 and P0301 with a very rough rough idle. It also seems to be stuck in limp mode. Is there any information that I might be missing that could be of help?
Tony -

have a look at this :

I think you have to do some additional work to get running. That guy is going the other way. Putting a newer engine into an older jeep.

From the above, it looks like you need the 10 sensor in the 07 engine and probably the upper intake work, as the older 3.7 had the 6 coil over plugs.

Good luck on your jeep

Members online

No members online now.