Mirror mirror...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you'd have a beeper going off every time a vehicle passes into your blind spot. No thanks.
Too bad driving defensively (looking first) has gone out the window for a number of drivers where we have to rely on our own vehicle to do the job.

You wouldn't need to install the beeper instead you can put an LED in place of the beeper as a blind spot indicator

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope drivers would at least look at their side mirrors before switching lanes or turning. I think blind spot indicators are typically by/on the side mirrors.

I guess if their too busy then we're all SOL. :shrug:

The wife and I think the side mirrors are too small to add blind spot mirrors too loose that real estate.
Dunno we might give it a shot.

I have access to a 3D printer. Maybe if someone wants to design an external mirror that's flush I could prototype it and maybe do a few casting?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is what I ended up with. I really like them! No more invisible mass holes! I will still turn my head and check as I always have done but now I can be more aware of who is around me. Don't mind the mirror angle I'm on a slope.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: drove about 300 highway miles with them. Divine bovine! why did I not do this sooner! It's so nice to be able to check before even considering switching lanes without turning your head. Had a smart car hiding in my blind spot for miles but I could see him. Haha

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside top edge. Needs to be angled down quite a bit to see properly. Are those meant for that edge or the bottom one?

Edit: oh duh! Just read the description on them. They are adjustable. Should be fine.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh.... I see what you mean.
I didn't know they were adjustable and I was going to get these instead
Amazon.com: **** 49404 2"x 2" Corner Wedge Stick-On": Automotive

well I suppose one thing nice about amazon prime is free returns :)

Thanks for the check!

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the little angled one that goes down on the inner corner. I can just barely see the tips of both door handles...and the rear... It works great!

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had the adjustable spot-mirrors on it when I bought it, but it's time for some new ones.
I'm debating whether or not to keep them in the same location or move them up to the top-outer
corner instead. :shrug:

The "mirror" is beginning to corrode around the edges...

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about bottom of the near end?
Since it wont take up the visible space on the far end to see cars.

I feel like you won't get the same angles from there. Could hold them there and see though. I really like mine in the top corner since the bottom is where motorcycles sneak up on me.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to take a pic, but that's where mine is. Inside lower corner I love it there no obstruction of view.