Mirror mirror...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on blind spot mirrors? Besides aiming your mirror correctly...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you adjust your mirrors right (if they are adjusted right, you shouldn't see your vehicle side at all) you won't have blind spots. Done it that way my whole life and my son does it that way too, works great.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you adjust your mirrors right (if they are adjusted right, you shouldn't see your vehicle side at all) you won't have blind spots. Done it that way my whole life and my son does it that way too, works great.

^ Bingo, another thing taught in professional driving school is to adjust out, you should only see the rear door handle of your vehicle when you turn your head. Then have somebody walk around the vehicle, if you can see them in walk around in all three mirrors you've adjusted properly to fully minimize blind spots. Its how I have my mirrors adjusted on the side. Though I would love to have a set of KJ Mirrors that curve out at the end which is a Euro/Australian set up to even further minimize all blind spots.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm..... I always manually check my blind spots by moving my head forward/a quick turn of my head.

My problem is not hitting someone while reversing. not really a way see that blind spot. I'm planning to install some reverse sensors on the bumpers in the future.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^ Bingo, another thing taught in professional driving school is to adjust out, you should only see the rear door handle of your vehicle when you turn your head. Then have somebody walk around the vehicle, if you can see them in walk around in all three mirrors you've adjusted properly to fully minimize blind spots. Its how I have my mirrors adjusted on the side. Though I would love to have a set of KJ Mirrors that curve out at the end which is a Euro/Australian set up to even further minimize all blind spots.

Exactly. Shouldn't see any part of the Jeep when you're head isn't turned...ie normal driving position.

As for backing up...just go for it. :happy175:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While being a former truck driver I just use my mirrors to back up, unless I'm at work then I do turn and look through the back when I have to park cars in our Waiter Row for oil changes so I don't hit the building. I'd rather smack something that is mine than somebody elses.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had them on any of my vehicles. But I have driven vehicles with them.

Any little bit helps. Try a set and if you don't like them, just remove them.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a set built into my 2012 Ford Escape work vehicle. I loved them. Especially since I had a steel cage and box behind me that made seeing out the back fully loaded impossible. I drove completely with just mirrors to see around me. Tom do you have a picture of the one you use? The mirrors on the liberty are smaller and I don't want to lose that. I am having a hard time finding one that is either flush enough or fitted to the corner. I hate if they stick out from the mirror.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny people talk about being trained professionally or as truck drivers etc but every truck has blind spot mirrors on them to see cars coming up by you etc. So you do have them and am sure have used them. :icon_lol:
I can set in my seat and see back alongside, plus see the front of the car until it gets up to my door without moving my head.
By the way I also have a lot of miles driving an old Freightshaker cabover for 6 months, then a few years with a long nose Pete

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if you don't have the heated auto dim side mirrors you could try this stick-on

http://www.amazon.com/****-49402-HotSpots-Oblong-Stick-On/dp/B00029WVHY/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just turn my head. I use the current positions of my mirrors (seeing the whole side of the Jeep) WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much to adjust it. I have to pull between two cars in my home driveway to park in my parking spot and need to see EXACTLY where the rear flares line up between the two vehicles. Sometimes i only have about 2 inches of space on each side and manage to back my Jeep out...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Thats about what I use, have mine on the outside edge of the mirror, last XJ they were on the inside and just didn't show what I wanted them to
My mirrors are adjusted so I can see the edge of the rear flare's
then spots take over on the outer reaches. Like I stated I can see the front of the car coming up on either side all the way till they are at my door, never a blind spot. I put them on my wifes Toyota over in Tanzania as well she's used to using them. Have to get a set for the MP5 now

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you'd have a beeper going off every time a vehicle passes into your blind spot. No thanks.
Too bad driving defensively (looking first) has gone out the window for a number of drivers where we have to rely on our own vehicle to do the job.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you'd have a beeper going off every time a vehicle passes into your blind spot. No thanks.
Too bad driving defensively (looking first) has gone out the window for a number of drivers where we have to rely on our own vehicle to do the job.

Ya I try to be quite defensive. Leaving lots of space and trying to predict their actions. Only one problem with all of this... I live in MA.

Latest posts

Members online