Mileage w/ Frankenlift & 245s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone out there who has their KJ Frankenlifted and with 245 of 255 tires, what kind of gas mileage are you getting? I'm setting aside money for the lift right now, but I kinda want to make sure I wont be getting 8 mpg on an 18 gallon tank. I realize 20 isn't realist, but I'm getting 16 now and was wondering how much worse it'll get. Thanks.

bl00

Reaction score
17 mpg
Frankenlift w/ 245 MTRs

I used to get 22 with the stock tires.

Vern

Reaction score
I installed my Frankenlift last month, and a week later installed the rubicon rims and tires. I towed my trailer (empty) on the freeway the other day and I got 16 3/4 mpg, Maybe a mile difference from what I got before the lift and tires under similar driving conditions when towing.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. So, it looks like as long as I keep my foot out of it, I'll be away to avoid H2 gas mileage.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Thanks for the responses. So, it looks like as long as I keep my foot out of it, I'll be away to avoid H2 gas mileage.

That sounds good. In fact don't press on the accelerator and you'll see a considerable improvement!! Unfortunatley you may not be a reliable person for transportation....

](*,)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
desertkj said:

That sounds good. In fact don't press on the accelerator and you'll see a considerable improvement!! Unfortunatley you may not be a reliable person for transportation....

](*,)

Well, depends. If it's running and I never hit the accelerator, then I'll be getting 0 mpg and it's worse. Anyway, I meant not doing jackrabbit starts from lights like I am guilty of doing sometimes.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get around 20-21 on the highway with Frankenlift and MT/Rs if I keep it below 70. Once I start pushing it past that I end up with 18-19 highway. I use to be able to get 22-24 highway when stock depending on speed. The faster you go the less mpg's you will get. Air drag is proportional to the speed squared so it adds up quick.