Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobsgym

Reaction score
I am going to be taking a trip next month and I have never driven long distance in my Jeep yet and I was wondering at what speed and rpm does everybody get the best milage in their Jeeps. I have a stock 03 3.7 engine 3.73 gears with an automatic ******.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just the words "Jeep" & "Mileage" do not belong in same sentence.
Many factors including terrain come into play as far as Best?
Lighter loads, synthetic engine oil, new plugs,filter, etc, the overall state of tune and going a couple of extra lbs cold in tires will help.
On the highway, I stick to 60-65 mph and average about 18-24mpg.

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only put about 2000 miles on Nancy so far, but I have been seeing 21 - 22 MPG. This includes a few hours of casual off-road / low range driving also.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind If you are doing any 4WD real off road terrain.....
Where on the highway you would get min 250 miles to a tank...
Off road cut the expected off road mileage in half to be on safe side and carry extra fuel!
In Ryan & Jen's latest ******** adventure they had aprox 13 extra gallons in Orange fuel'n'go container and used every drop getting out of there!
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48933
One 5 gallon Jerry would not have cut it!
So in closing the Jeep is a very capable rig the above link proves it with the right lift & tires, kept up like a champ with the other rigs, (even though they should have skids on)
and sometimes when it comes to the word "Mileage"
You may just have to........
40579[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

LOL!

Attachments

• AssumePosition.jpg
    AssumePosition.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0

retmil46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
250 miles to a tank highway? Ummmm, with a 20 gallon tank, that wouldn't be much more than around 15 mpg.:shrug:

I end up getting 400 miles normal commuting, and over 500 miles per tank on long interstate trips.

Thanks for making me feel better about driving an oil burner.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will vary on the year of KJ and what trans you have and options.

Before my SFA swap I got my best mpg's at 78mph,just shy of 22mpg's.I could not drive between 60-70 mph as the trans would bog the engine down and would get about 12mpg's at those speeds.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will vary depending on a lot of factors
with my '03 and 245/75 MTR's I could pull 20+ highway at 70'ish
my TJ and F250 both like 60ish better and the VW Tiguan likes 75 for MPG

djta11

Reaction score
Replaced OEM's with Autolites about 10k miles after I bought it at 58k miles and saw very little gain, around 1.2-2.4 mpg increase.

After installing a Flowmaster 44, my 03', 3.7L at 90k miles, began getting around 325-350 miles per tank. Before the install, I was getting no more than 250. Mixed driving and rarely going over 70mph/2200 rpm.

As of now, I'm averaging 18.4 mpg.

bobsgym

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just put in new plugs last month and a new air filter and only getting low 15 mpgs. Hope I can get atleast 18 to 20 hwy. Going to run her at 70 mph one way and 65 mph back and see how much of a difference it makes.

Latest posts

Members online